......with Mike Curtis as the writin' one:-)

www.comics.com

This is the front page of the site , check the Strips list...unless DT happens to be on the front page when you check it !!!!! Woo hoo !!!

Then you win...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING . :-)

Views: 600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...The strip is now featuring a pseudo-Batman crossover , with references to " Harley " and " Mr. J " and more !

Far more than that, Emerkeith! It features the return of Broadway Bates, a Tracy foe from the 1930s who was said to be the visual role model for The Penguin, complete with monocle and cigarette holder. Now they have established that Bates was living with his brother, "Oswald" in a a big city where the two are confused due to their resemblence so Bates goes back to his hometown (Chicago?) to get away from "costumed crimefighters" and "signals in the sky"!

It must be a comfort to live in a world where Dick Tracy and Batman co-exist and how THAT crossover never happened is indeed both a crime and a mystery! 

...Yes , thank you , I did not know of B.B.'s previous legacy .

I always figured Gotham City was Dick Tracy's Chicago at night.

...I think that - certainly in classic Gould period - Dick's city was " a city that could be Chicago but it's never exactly specified " - I believe?? that , in the " pre-post-WII suburbanization " world of earlier Gould , Dick's down has farmland starting a fairly short distance SOUTH of th' city limits which I suppose indicates That Toddlin' Town...

I just finished reading a Dick Tracy trade featuring Max Allan Collins on the writing chores. The stories (from 1979-81) were fine, but man, the art was so awfully stylized it was very off-putting.

Looking at the Stanton dailies, in full-color no less, is a breath of fresh air for the detective! Stanton has really improved the look.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service