JSA tabled

I've been collecting DC Direct action figures of the Golden Age Justice Society of America for the past few years, and I finally put them together in these displays.

The first shows the original membership as depicted on the cover of All-Star Comics #3. The second shows the late-comers as depicted in a beautiful drawing by Murphy Anderson from the front cover of Roy Thomas' All-Star Companion book from several years ago.

I sent them to Roy and he hopes to run them in his next JSA-themed issue of Alter Ego, but I thought this crowd might enjoy seeing them now.

DC has not issued a Johnny Thunder figure, and likely never will, so my daughter Erin repainted a Jimmy Olsen figure. That sort of makes sense to me, because when I, as a kid, first encountered Johnny in a JLA/JSA team-up in the 1960s, I thought he must be the Earth-2 version of Jimmy.

Hoy

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Interesting. Did you make the table, or was it store-bought?

• My crafty daughter Erin made the tables from decoupage plaques she found at Michael's craft store. She sawed off some other craft thing to make the legs and glued them to the underside. Most of the figures are sitting on some type of blocks she found there as well. I could have asked her to paint them, but I figured she had gone above the call of duty to satisfy her dad's weird plan. I also had her put yellow contact paper on cardboard boxes, which were necessary because I had to cut holes for the stiff capes and wings to fit through in order to get Hawkman, Spectre and a few others into something resembling a sitting position.

Hoy

• Cool.

• Those are very cool, Hoy! I gave up on collecting action figures when there got to be so many it was hard to keep up or pick among the best. That collection is definitely a great one, especially displayed that way.

I still have mine all around, mostly getting dusty. That includes the three collections of JSA non-action figures, which I keep in the boxes as the best way to display them.  I haven't gotten much for a long while and didn't even realize they'd done the entire JSA.

The last action figure I got was ant-head Superman (aka red kryptonite Superman, with future head and lion head, too). I figure the chances of them making another action figure who specifically won a Mopee Award are pretty slim.

-- MSA

• Very nice, Hoy. A job well done.

• Ideally, you should have a toy large pizza to put in the middle of the table.

• Very cool, Hoy.

Mr. Silver Age said:

The last action figure I got was ant-head Superman (aka red kryptonite Superman, with future head and lion head, too). I figure the chances of them making another action figure who specifically won a Mopee Award are pretty slim.

-- MSA

As a rule, I don't buy action figures. But there's no way I would not have bought that one.

• That's awesome, Hoy!

• I have all those figures too, Hoy and have also cut back drastically on buying the new ones but I would gladly buy--

• Johnny Thunder with his Thunderbolt
    • Mister Terrific
    • a Simon & Kirby Sandman & Sandy set
    • the android Red Tornado's first outfit (Big surprise there)
    • The Earth-Two Robin's "Batman" uniform

in order to complete the Justice Society as I want to remember them.

Great job Hoy!

• FANTASTIC WORK between you and your daughter Hoy!

But wasn't there a group shot, maybe in one of those old 100page giants, featuring the ENTIRE JSA cast?

Ever thought of getting all your action figures together to recreate that?

This reply was deleted.