DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW WELCOMES TWO NEW CHARACTERS FOR SEASON FOUR

Ramona Young Joins as Series Regular Alaska Yu; Comedian Tom Wilson Will Recur as Nate’s Father

BURBANK, Calif. (July 21, 2018) — The carefree time travelers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will welcome two new faces as they set out to hunt temporal Fugitives in the show’s fourth season (Mondays 9/8c The CW this fall). The casting news was announced in the series’ Comic-Con panel session this afternoon.

Ramona Young (Blockers, Santa Clarita Diet) joins the cast in the series regular role of Alaska Yu. A typical twentysomething easily swept up by romantic notions and fantasy novels, she’s something of an expert in the world of the magical creatures that the Legends encounter in season four. In the company

Tom Wilson (The Informant, Back to the Future, The Mayor) will recur as Nate’s (Nick Zano) father, Hank Heywood. With a lifetime in the military and Dept. of Defense, Hank is part of a long line of Heywoods to serve the country. Charming and charismatic, he’s left big shoes for Nate to fill — and it doesn’t help that Nate can’t tell him he’s secretly a Legend!

These new characters join the previously announced John Constantine (Matt Ryan), Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan) and Nora Darhk (Courtney Ford), who will all appear in season four.

Based on the characters from DC, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. Executive produced by Greg Berlani, Phil Klemmer, Keto Shimizu and Sarah Schechter, the series returns for season four on Monday, October 22, at 9/8c on The CW.

Ramona Young

Tom Wilson

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I watch this one online because I can't record it. The CW site streams it commercial free within a couple of days of airing. That's how I watched it on my way to work this morning.

Like Cap, I'm enjoying the lighter, tongue-in-cheek version of Legends. The squeaky clean Woodstock festival was (unintentionally?) funny. When the unicorn showed up I thought "it's going to kill somebody," and sure enough....  

It's definitely fun. And I just love the portrayal of Constantine, so I'm really happy to have him around. Even if he does magic all the time, unlike the classic Con Job from the original Hellblazer series.

I'm mostly (mostly) liking John Constantine here, certainly more than I did his one-season on NBC.

But there's one thing that irritates; he doesn't correct anyone on the pronunciation of his name. The guy in the comics always insisted "Constantine" does not rhyme with "teen," but with "tine."

The Constantine series made a really critical mistake in my estimation, giving him a magic HQ of sorts that was not only in the U.S. (instead of London, where he belongs), but in rural U.S., which would be anathema to city-boy Johnny. That was more a Dr. Fate scenario (and Fate's helmet was actually shown in Constantine's lair). If nothing else, they sort of skated over how isolated he was from the stuff he was dealing with, by never showing how long his commute would have been (on, I assume, dirt roads).

ClarkKent_DC said:

But there's one thing that irritates; he doesn't correct anyone on the pronunciation of his name. The guy in the comics always insisted "Constantine" does not rhyme with "teen," but with "tine."

I think that would be the standard British pronunciation of his name.

Whenever a British person talks about the animal or the car Jaguar I note that the standard American (quasi-Spanish) pronunciation "Jag-Warr" is instead "Jag-You-Ar" in British pronunciation. I believe a true Spanish pronunciation would be "Hag-Warr" or "Ha-Warr."

British-born Richard

Captain Comics said:

The Constantine series made a really critical mistake in my estimation, giving him a magic HQ of sorts that was not only in the U.S. (instead of London, where he belongs), but in rural U.S., which would be anathema to city-boy Johnny. That was more a Dr. Fate scenario (and Fate's helmet was actually shown in Constantine's lair). If nothing else, they sort of skated over how isolated he was from the stuff he was dealing with, by never showing how long his commute would have been (on, I assume, dirt roads).

Yeah. If Constantine was going to be in the U.S. -- and the one in comics did visit the States for long stretches, so that wasn't so wrong -- he should have been based in someplace that has a reputation for things like witchcraft and the occult, like New Orleans or Boston.

My strongest impression of Constantine comes from his appearance in the Sandman epic. To me, he's the guy who does not have magical powers and seems to, intentionally or not, damage or destroy those who interact with him. This explains why DC (and Warner Bros) can't figure out what to do with him other than turn him into yet another master of magic. I generally enjoy him, but every time I see him do magic it doesn't seem to fit him. I couldn't even watch more than a few episodes of his own show.

I'm in the 'missing-the-rest'  camp 're the Legends.

Never liked Rick much but Captain Cold was a gem and both halves of Firestorm.

also the comedy is veering (as always seems to happen) into slapstick and I'm finding myself cringing and so considering giving up.

Arrow is kind of the opposite - the macho-prison-bloody-storyline has been done to death and other than whingeing about everything I'm seeing no purpose in the supporting team and find Diaz very dull.  The only interest I have left us the fascinating flash-forward scenes.

Re: Arrow. From the start I kept asking my wife, "So where's the secret prison fight club?" and she'd always respond 'You know the first rule of secret prison fight club." And, sure enough, the last episode I saw had a secret prison fight club. That makes it a hat trick with Luke Cage and Riverdale.

I'm always amazed how easy it is for prisoners to be beaten, raped or killed in prisons on TV. It's like they locked the prisoners up in a barn and never watched them. The guards and administrators are incompetent, corrupt or both. We have more cameras on our street corners than they apparently do in prison.

Fun Fact: The Penguin used a saw-whet owl to distract Batman in Detective Comics #120 (Feb 1947).

OK, not really fun.  But a damn weird bird to run across twice in three days.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service