You may have seen my thread stirring up interest for a movie discussion group. I said I would create the actual thread for the discussion on Friday. Well a day early, here it is!

The rules are simple. Those you have joined have picked a film. We take a week to watch the movie and a week to discuss. I'll post the list we have so far. Feel free join along. When you're film is up, you lead the discussion.

The list (which will be added to and/or updated)

The Mummy (1999 version)

Casablanca

Miller's Crossing

The Outlaw Josey Wales

The Miracle at Morgan's Creek (Available on youtube)

Vertigo & Citizen Kane discussion

I went with the short list to begin with but it certainly can grow.

Views: 1560

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good list, George. I've only seen a few of the films listed but have heard of most of them. For the record, the Last Detail is a great film and tends to get overlooked when discussing Jack Nicholson's film history.

George, we'd love to have you join the group. Is there a film you'd like me to add to our list? I checked and both Vanishing Point and Two-lane Blacktop are on netflix.

The Mummy is scheduled to be shown on AMC (American Movie Classics) Cable channel Saturday night, July 16th, at 8pm Eastern Daylight Time.

And the only suggestion I can make to this thread is thread is to list what movie you are talking about before you comment. That way, once we are further into future discussions, people coming late to this thread can easily catch up and add their thoughts on movies already discussed if they want to.

EXAMPLE:

The Mummy (the first film on our marque)

Comment, Comment, Comment

The Mummy

The Mummy

Casablanca (the second movie on our marque)

Casablanca

The Mummy (late arrival's thoughts)

Casablanca

Okay, the above was a little long, but shows what I was suggesting.

Good suggestion, Lee. I assume you're ok with Casablanca being your first pick?

Well, honestly, I was just giving you a list of my most favorite movies to show you how my tastes run when you first proposed doing this.

I wasn't actually making any suggestions at the time, but if it comes to it, have no problem watching Casablanca again.

We still have time if you want to pick something else. I put Casablance there more for a placeholder for you since you were the second to respond.
No, Casablanca's fine, and even if everyone's seen it before, it doesn't get "old", despite it's historical basis.
Alright cool. I love the movie. I've been wanting to see it again but haven't gotten around to it. So now I have a reason to watch it!

Lee Houston, Junior said:
No, Casablanca's fine, and even if everyone's seen it before, it doesn't get "old", despite it's historical basis.

"George, we'd love to have you join the group."

Sounds good, but I'm going on vacation and won't be posting here again until late next week. Maybe then.

Netflix notified me that they are sending the mummy to me. They saw it was at the top of my list and since it was on "short wait" status they're sending me a copy from another distribution area. So I should be getting it Thursday.

I am late to this.  I will look to see if Netflix has "The Mummy" streaming. 

As many of you know I am a fool for the movies.  I look forward to the discussion here. 

Glad you can join us. Mike.

Reminder: The Mummy is on AMC tonight (Sat 7/16) at 8:00 PM.

I may post Sunday night because I'm working Monday.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service