Starting with the first volume of Looney Tunes Golden Collection, Disk One:

Baseball Bugs (1945), Directed by I. Freleng.

Bugs plays singlehandedly against the thuggish Gas-House Gorillas.  Amusing enough, not an all-time favorite.  I always wonder how this cartoon goes over in countries where they don't play baseball. This one closes with Bugs saying "And that's the end", instead of the more common "That's all folks!"

Views: 2636

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the last year or two PBS played what I think was a new recording from the Met, over four nights, of the entire Ring Cycle. Because of space limitations on my DVR we only watched the first one, Das Rheingold. It was in German with English subtitles. We have to be in the mood to slog through subtitles and because of this and the sheer length we just couldn't watch it in the time we had before having to delete the rest.

As for Mount Fuji, the comment may be facetious. I recently heard that Mount Fuji is an active volcano that is unclimbable. People look at it from a distance.

No, climbing Mount Fuji is a thing that people do.  There's even an official season for it.  While no volcano is ever truly "dormant", Mount Fuji has not erupted since December 16, 1707.

Although, to be fair, there is some speculation that an eruption could be imminent.

People in California still sky at Mammoth Mountain, which has been building pressure for years. And people still visit Yellowstone, which (though flattened by ancient glaciers) is a very active hot spot. If it erupts it would be almost an extinction level event, not unlike an asteroid. Cheers!

The Baron said:

Although, to be fair, there is some speculation that an eruption could be imminent.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service