The cover of MAD magazine's relaunch is unveiled, and at least one comics shop owner strenuously objects. From ICv2: "Peter DeFelice of Pyramid Comics on 'MAD Magazine' #1's Cover"

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

...Does anyone else notice that there seems to be a series of MAD specials/giant-sized reprint issues that appear to be for the newsstand market only?

MAD has always run a series of special/giant-sized reprint issues for the newsstand. I honestly don't think I've ever seen MAD in a comics shop.

My LCS doesn't carry it. The owner told me it doesn't sell. He will special order something for me, of course. I have noticed some collections eclusive to Barnes & Noble over the years.

...I bought the new #1 last night,  at an upscale bookstore here that carries no comics -but has a CS next to it- I didn't't realize,  I think,  that the black cover was going to cover the " offensive " one,  I think I had't read that here. 

I've only briefly glimpsed under the covers in the store yet.  I wonder if a - perhaps not explicitly spoken by anyone,  especially at corporate,  but - reason for the move to LA and new editorship as well as the renumbering,  was a thought of cutting down on the Trump-inspired material.  A recent issue had,  among the top-of-cover blurbs for that issue's subjects,  " More Trump -Naturally- " or similar

I think the reason that DC moved to California is the same reason Marvel did. To be up close and personal with their corporate parents.

...OK,  Richard.  Thank you. 

A recent visit to my KCS and ICS here in downtown Santa Cruz,  with of which do stock NAD, although not prominently,  revealed this... the black-w/lettering outer cover must be for newsstands only! The copies stocked by both stores were just the " pick " cover,  no wrapping.  Both stores were surprised to hear of the onyx outer cover from me!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service