I saw " Man Of Steel " at a midnight show last night/this ayem .

Briefly , I have sort of a liking for super-hero stuff that follows a litle bit more a " real ' science fiction approach - While , admittedly , basically still sticking to the structure of fights and conflict in the story .

MOS rather fulfilled that .

It explored how the Superman concept might've been set up , the whole Krypotn thing , and how it might work out down on Earth , pretty well .

Well , i thought so .

Views: 3177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have seen all the movies, albeit the last two of the original four on TV, so I'm not sure I saw every minute. I've seen parts of the serials, and I also own the Donner version of II. I've also seen a local production of the Broadway play and own the soundtrack. 

If you're going to count the animated LEGO movie(s), then there are billions of Superman movies out there, although they're all direct-to-DVD movies. I think it's great that LEGO could use Superman, Batman, WW and GL; I would've thought something would have prevented that. Too bad they couldn't include the Flash, too.

-- MSA

...As feature-length assemblages for theatrical release:

The two Alyn serials .

The one George feature film , Superman Vs. The Mole Men (not its two-part re-edit fot the TV series)O ,.

The four Chirstopher Reeve features .

SUPERMAN RETURNS .

MAN OF STEEL .

LEGO MOVIE .

Since they weren't promoted as a feature I'm classifying the Fleisher shorts as different ~ although , hmmm , I'm counting the serials and Lego theatrical feature (not the Lego DTV (if it has Supes) or the DC direct DTVs) . The ABC adaptation of the '66 musical and the " director's cut " Donner version , after that .

I recall that , not only were there a couple?? of Saturday matinee-market featurizations of the 50s TV series during the 50s , IIRC , they had some additional linking/introductory footage shot for those versions which , however , are lost now . (As with the in-character Kellogg's commercials for the 50s series' original run .) I guess there were some additionmal " featurizations " of the 50s series put together in the 70s and 80s for the TV rerun and early VHS market .

The " Lois And Clark " series , finally , and all the many made-for-TV cartoon series...are also there , but since their status is " TV-only "...

Presumably , BTW , MSA , you're trying to annoy me by referring to an audio CD of the original cast of the 1966 Hal Prince-produced Broadway musical as a " soundtrack " ?

Anyhow , that show's book sort of mixes Lex Luthor with HAL from 2OO1: A SPACE ODESSY (Sp??) by making the show's Daily Planet-based villain initialed " MM " .

Nope, it was just an offhand usage. I forgot about your semantic quirk.

However, if the way I wrote something annoyed you, then I believe the score is ED: 5,623,432,642,363,245,345,525,423, MSA: 1

And I intend to continue to do it rather than heed your advice to stop because you find it annoying.

-- MSA

...I wasn't giving you advice .

I believe you when you say you didn't intend it . I don't really care , really , about your comment .

To spell out what I meant before , regarding Max Mencken , the Super-musical's Daily Planet villain:

No " LL " . But , instead of one letter up from " IBM " to " HAL ":

One letter down from " LL " to " MM " !

(Note: Corrected from first version .)

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

...I wasn't giving you advice .

I believe you when you say you didn't intend it . I don't really care , really , about your comment .

To spell out what I meant before , regarding Max Mencken , the Super-musical's Daily Planet villain:

No " LL " . But , instead of one letter up from " IBM " to " HAL ":

One letter down from " LL " to " MM " !

(Note: Corrected from first version .)

My head hurts.

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

The one George feature film , Superman Vs. The Mole Men (not its two-part re-edit fot the TV series)O ,.

I had forgotten about this. It sounds like what today we would call a pilot for a proposed TV show except that it wasn't also shown on TV first. Was it originally intended to kick off the TV show or a series of films?

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

The two Alyn serials .

Why did you not put a space between the "Vs" and the "."?

...Actually , I thought that putting a period after " Vs. " indicates that it is an abbreviation of " Versus "

- just as " Dr. " abbreviates " Doctor " and " Mr. " abbreviates " Mister " .

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

The two Alyn serials .

Why did you not put a space between the "Vs" and the "."?

Then quit putting a space before the period at the end of your sentences.

...They ain't abbreviations !!!!!!!!!!!

So there .

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

Then quit putting a space before the period at the end of your sentences.

Proper punctuation carries no space. So there!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas replied to Captain Comics's discussion 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'
"Nice observations, Cap.The movie was exciting, and yes, being a full horror entry was nice as…"
17 minutes ago
Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas replied to Captain Comics's discussion 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'
"Shuma-Gorath was named by Robert E. Howard, not Lovecraft.  Who knows whether there is even a…"
50 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion Comical Comic Cuts
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"I forgot to mention that issues #71-76 are collected in a tpb titled "Spontaneous…"
8 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"As bad as these movies are, watching them is better than watching the news. ETERNAL EVIL (1985):…"
8 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
""Doc Samson" I'm gonna assume you meant "Doc Savage", Skipper."
10 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"My wife and just assembled 2 short bookshelves and a chair. I am feeling very stabby."
10 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"I will have to see That Darn Cat. Coincidentally, I was watching the film noir Down Three Dark…"
12 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"I could, but it would wreck the video, and nearly everyone at the convention lives in Canada. If…"
12 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"At the time, it appeared that Roy Thomas was the only writer who acknowledged that Marvel had a…"
12 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"He has an interesting theory that the "Golden Age of Superheroes" coincides with World…"
12 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service