Check out the second panel of today's (August 6th, 2009) strip. Doesn't it look as though the squirrel's hind leg is conversing with a cluster of acorns?

Views: 3078

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From the Gainesville (Fla.), Sun

Longtime Local 'Mark Trail' artist Jack Elrod Dies

Jack Elrod Jr., a Gainesville native who spent 64 years working on the nationally syndicated outdoor comic “Mark Trail,” died Wednesday. He was 91.

Elrod began his time with the comic strip alongside its creator, fellow Gainesville native Ed Dodd, in 1950 and took over the strip in 1978 before retiring in 2014. He also won numerous conservation awards from agencies such as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the U.S. Forest Service. Dodd began the comic in 1946.

Ah, shame. Whatever one might say about his work, I got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

In case anyone missed the detail in the obit, Elrod was the second creator on Mark Trail,

James Allen, the current guy, is alive and kicking.

Today's strip got a laugh out of me.

They have their moments. I thought I should post the comic in case someone is looking at this at a later date.

Makes sense.

I just love the epxressson on the shark's face in today's strip. It just looks so pleased with itself!

It's Left Shark!!!

The Baron said:

I just love the epxressson on the shark's face in today's strip. It just looks so pleased with itself!

James Allen does a very nice job with nature pics and with human bodies (even bikini bodies) but his human faces need a lot of work. I thought I had seen poorly drawn faces from him until he topped himself with the faces of the Latino man and woman in the recent cave exploration story. They looked like they were from outer space.

The shark looks like one I saw in a Golden Age comic. Perhaps the artist visits Comic Book Plus.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service