Replies

• "And when the dust settles, who will be in charge of the Marvel Universe??"

If it turns out to be Bill Beechler, then I'd give serious thought to reading more Marvel comics.
  • Hey, Chris, Power Pack is back...

The Fluit family is very excited.
  • FALLEN
    CLASSIFIED!!!!! 32 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ ...$3.99 *Note: not final title
    SIEGE LOKI
    CLASSIFIED!!!!!
    32 PGS./One-Shot/$2.99
    *Note: not final title

SIEGE SPIDERMAN
    CLASSIFIED!!!!!
    32 PGS./One-Shot/$2.99

SIEGE CAPTAIN AMERICA
    CLASSIFIED!!!!!
    32 PGS./One-Shot/$2.99

SIEGE YOUNG AVENGERS
    CLASSIFIED!!!!!
    32 PGS./One-Shot/$2.99

SIEGE SECRET WARRIORS
    CLASSIFIED!!!!!
    32 PGS./One-Shot/$2.99

How the !@#$ am I supposed to order this junk?

How are you?

Does Marvel think so little of the content that if we knew the content - or titles- of these books we'd skip them?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

• It's not that Marvel is ashamed of their content. It's that they don't want to spoil events taking place in current books. But you're right that it makes it difficult for fans and retailers to place orders. Usually the info is released before the final order cut-off though.
  • It's just business obviously, but they are all one-shots of ongoing books, which have no doubt been tied into Siege up to now.

Thus the punters committed to any of these series will have to shell out twice in the month.

32 pages for $2.99 isn't a bad deal in today's market though? Also maybe some of them will like getting a double dose.

At the moment it just looks like a commercial move rather than having any bigger storytelling purpose.

It's ominous that it doesn't say who is producing these one-shots. The big ongoing star creators, or the rent-a-Joes that they get to do these cash-ins?
  • The Baron said:
    "And when the dust settles, who will be in charge of the Marvel Universe??"

If it turns out to be Bill Beechler, then I'd give serious thought to reading more Marvel comics.

Why thank you. First thing...Squirrel Girl is now in charge!
  • Chris Fluit said:

It's not that Marvel is ashamed of their content. It's that they don't want to spoil events taking place in current books. But you're right that it makes it difficult for fans and retailers to place orders. Usually the info is released before the final order cut-off though.

That's true, but I base my orders on both the content and my customers stated interests. If no one knows enough about the books to tell me their interested before I order them, they won't get more than a token (3-4 copies) order.

I posted this earlier on the CBIA board in a thread about the CLASSIFIED solicit trend:
    "On January 8, readers were stunned when top-secret cover images to Dark Horse Comics’ Buffy the Vampire Slayer #34 – Part 3 of the 5-part “Twilight” storyline, to be solicited in the February PREVIEWS – were leaked
    -snip- Rather than spoil the fun for readers – or sales for comic shops – the revelation has generated even more interest in the storyline and the acclaimed Buffy series"

This was in both the Diamond Daily a few weeks ago, and this week's Dateline, and I thought it should be pointed out. (emphasis mine)

Hiding all the information about an item will never get more sales. 

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

• "*Note: not final title"

They're not even telling us what they're called?
This reply was deleted.