Thought I'd go ahead and start a thread for Marvel's newest event Infinity. I have the first issue but haven't read it yet. I did read the FCBD issue which was pretty good, though it didn't spotlight any of the popular characters for long.

This one's written by Jonathan Hickman with art by Jim Cheung so I'm expecting it to be pretty solid. There are tie-ins as to be expected. I just plan on reading the main series unless a series I'm already getting has a tie-in issue.

So has anyone read issue 1 yet?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not yet, will they be fighting a villain or a hero turned villain?

• I haven't read it yet so I don't know exactly. From what I can tell though it looks like Thanos is the main villain.
  • I read it. It has the Space Knights, the Inhumans, the Avengers, Silver Surfer, some folks called the Black Order, Iron Man in a hideous armor, some Skrulls, and S.W.O.R.D. It was pretty cool, and it screams "epic" in the best kind of way.

• I just finished reading it. The first word that came to mind was epic. A lot going on here. This is shaping up to be a very fun ride.
  • Are there going to be big changes as a result of this series? I hear concerns/rumours of revamps or resets etc??
  • There may be. The biggest thing I've heard is that there will be a new Inhumans series by Matt Fraction after this is over. I'm sure we'll get other new series or two out of it as well. But the as I said the biggest new will be that the Inhumans status will be elevated after this event. Here is what you need to know before going into this series This article was before the release of the book so somethings predicted haven't happened yet.

• Wasn't he a good guy for a while?

Jason Marconnet (Pint sized mod) said:

I haven't read it yet so I don't know exactly. From what I can tell though it looks like Thanos is the main villain.
  • Thanos, the Mad Titan? No I don't believe so. Any long time Marvel readers want to add to that? I've been familiar with Marvel comics for 20 years and I've only known him as a villain.
  • I get mixed up, the heroes and villains cross lines so easily in marvel and I'm used to heroes fighting heroes in these big events.

• The link doesn't work for me

I am a great Inhumans fanatic but every now and then someone tries to shake them up.
    After a while though they still get treated in the cliched old way again.
    War of Kings etc was great but I am not convinced by how Fraction has shown Medusa in the recent FF

Jason Marconnet (Pint sized mod) said:

There may be. The biggest thing I've heard is that there will be a new Inhumans series by Matt Fraction after this is over. I'm sure we'll get other new series or two out of it as well. But the as I said the biggest new will be that the Inhumans status will be elevated after this event. Here is what you need to know before going into this series This article was before the release of the book so somethings predicted haven't happened yet.

This reply was deleted.