As Richard noted earlier today, Season 5 of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuts tonight (Dec. 1) with a two-hour premiere. Given how good last season was, I'm really looking forward to it. 

You can watch the first 17 minutes HERE.

Views: 317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow.  Didn't see that coming.  They aren't shy about putting us through the wringer, are they?

Yeah -- this show has become a lot more daring in the past few seasons. I'm so glad they pulled free of the need to be in lockstep with the MCU -- it was an albatross, and prevented them from getting as creative as they've proven themselves to be. 

This show continues to surprise.

They keep subverting expectations. For example, I assumed Talbot was toast -- in any other show, he would have been. Coulson's appeal was completely unexpected.

Did not expect the young chick's story to end the way it did. Since Yo-Yo did it, does that mean the time loop is broken? She's the one who knows all the details. At least I won't be distracted by the kid's lips any more, which I am convinced have been injected with collagen and are so plump they partially lock her expression into "Pout Mode."

Strucker's (second) death was both shocking and well done. My wife made us watch it a second time.

Crusher Creel's story has been totally unexpected as well. Did anyone notice that one of the voices was Dr. Franklin from Agent Carter? Naturally, it was Coulson, the historian, who identified it.

I have absolutely no idea where this story is going. Can't wait for the next episode!

Just binge-watched the last seven episodes. Some go faster than others. We wondered when they would get back to the gravitonium, and boy, did they.Fantastic storytelling. I have a fondness for Crusher Creel going back to my teens. Hydra didn't give him his powers, Loki did!

Ha! Now we know who the Destroyer of Worlds is. Didn't see that coming!

The "Didn't see that coming!" factor is part of what has made this show great in recent years.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service