Replies

• Many years ago I picked up their reprint of ASM #14, featuring the debut of the Green Goblin and an early guest shot of the Hulk. Still have it.

• Sorry I didn't read this until now, but this is so awesome! This sounds like thing stuff of an issue of Back Issue magazine.

Now I wish this had been a part of 2015's Secret Wars, or at least a part of Dan Slott's Spider-Verse story arc.

Who knows? This could take a part in the second Into the Spider-Verse movie even! If nothing else, it reminds me of those old magazines/comics from the 70's. Crazy to think of those books juxtaposed with what was going on in the world at the time.

Good stuff, Richard!

Richard Willis said:

• Translation issues aside, I've always wondered how much continuity was observed by foreign press adaptations.

I've heard of whole different takes on comic book characters in the Orient where manga creators had to come up with "fill in" material between American stories because of the US monthly versus Far Eastern weekly publishing status.

Makes you wonder what else is out there.

Here's hoping Gwen's extended story and anything else in existence is imported to the US eventually.

• ...I'll say this here first - with the Spider-Man strip going under(and the presumption that any new strip would present a more " modern Marvel " version - younger & single - of Spidey - I'd like to see the strip Spidey and his vm'verse explored in the comic book. And in the sequel Spidefverse film! Voiced by Nicolas Hammond.

• It sounds like they may be going toward a Marvel superheroes strip, with Spider-Man as one of the featured rotating players (not necessarily team-ups).

This reply was deleted.