TMZ and the LA Times are both reporting that Michael Jackson passed away today at the age of 50.

Wow, two of the biggest pop culture icons of all time both pass away on the same day.

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looking through my email, CNN apparently feels this is worth a "breaking news" announcement:

At memorial service in L.A., Michael Jackson's daughter Paris says he was "the best father you could ever imagine."
I probably should clarify that I still think he was too weird for me to choke up like a lot of folks are doing, but the story I cite above does garner him at least some good feelings and sympathy.
Alan M. said:
Looking through my email, CNN apparently feels this is worth a "breaking news" announcement:

At memorial service in L.A., Michael Jackson's daughter Paris says he was "the best father you could ever imagine."

The d.j. on my favorite radio morning program made the point that it's too bad the children have been covered in masks all these years because that one moment of his daughter expressing her grief humanized Michael Jackson more than anything else.
ClarkKent_DC said:
Alan M. said:

The d.j. on my favorite radio morning program made the point that it's too bad the children have been covered in masks all these years because that one moment of his daughter expressing her grief humanized Michael Jackson more than anything else.

Wow...amen to that. I was watching the memorial service, playing spot-the-celeb more than anything else...until her two statements and breakdown at the end. Then it got to me...

Being a friend of Ryan White's in the 80s, I knew a lot of the good stuff Jackson did behind the scenes, so when the ugly stuff later was possibly uncovered, I wasn't sure what to believe. Ryan and a girl from our school, his girlfriend, spent a week at Neverland with Jackson and nothing bad or weird happened. He was great to them.
Another "celebrity" death: Oscar Mayer died Monday.
PowerBook Pete said:
Another "celebrity" death: Oscar Mayer died Monday.

Does he really count as a celebrity? I didn't even know there was a real Oscar Mayer. He's not even the original one.
That's why I used the quotation marks. :) But, hey, his name's in practically every grocery store in America and in a once-popular jingle.
PowerBook Pete said:
That's why I used the quotation marks. :) But, hey, his name's in practically every grocery store in America and in a once-popular jingle.

Ahhh, that's a bunch of baloney...
No joke...I was in residency with one of the Oscar Mayers...he did not go by Oscar...
Doc Beechler said:
No joke...I was in residency with one of the Oscar Mayers...he did not go by Oscar...

Was he a urologist?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service