From Marvel Entertainment

Feb. 9, 2012

Marvel Unveils New AVENGERS VS. X-MEN Covers!

The war to save the Marvel Universe in continues this May as the Avengers go head to head against the X-Men while the all-powerful Phoenix Force hurdles towards Earth!

You’ve heard It’s Coming—and this April The War Is Here in Avengers VS X-Men! All your favorite super heroes enter—and only one team will emerge victorious!

Which team will reign supreme? Join the conversation on Twitter with #AvX!

For more on Avengers VS X-Men, please visit http://avx.marvel.com  

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #4

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Pencils by JOHN ROMITA JR.

Colors by LAURA MARTIN

Cover by JIM CHEUNG
ON SALE THIS MAY!

X-MEN LEGACY #266

Written by CHRISTOS GAGE

Pencils by RAFA SANDOVAL

Cover by MARK BROOKS

ON SALE THIS MAY!

UNCANNY X-MEN #12

Written by KIERON GILLEN
Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND

ON SALE THIS MAY!

Views: 2777

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...and then die.  ;)

Of course, if he does die, the occurences of men screaming "JEAN!!!" will go down in the Marvel Universe by 99.99999%

Lordie, I wouldn't want Scott to die -- he's been my favorite X-Man since 1963, no matter how badly he's often written. But I see the hand-writing on the wall that he's lost his status as "Mr. X-Man" to Wolverine, who is far more popular. And they've already explored what happens when you have two Alpha Dogs, with "Schism," and having gone that way, they're probably considering ditching Scott altogether. Just the way they're writing him doesn't leave him many avenues to continue -- if nothing else, it won't be plausible for Commander Rogers to turn a blind eye to Cyclops running Utopia after this crossover. 

For me, he's been damaged goods since X-Factor #1. 

Doc Beechler (mod-MD) said:

I think you're wrong and that Wanda and Hope will be cornerstones of the Marvel U. going forward.  Actually, I wouldn't mind Scott dying in this and Hope taking over as a leader for Earth's mutant community. 

Isn't Hope a little young for that? What's her mutant power?

Super-entitlement?

What, way back in the 90s? Or the current(?) Peter David series?

I just read #0 and #1 and am a bit underwhelmed and a bit confused. Avengers #24.1 has everyone not knowing where the Scarlet Witch is and the Vision distraught over her and trying to find her. He (NOT IT! NEVER IT!---sorry) flies to Utopia and attacks Magneto who says that he could destroy the Vision (again) in a magnetic heartbeat but won't because he wants Wanda to be happy. Cap is angry over the Vision's trespass and intentionally stirring up the mutant pot.

But in #0, the Scarlet Witch is out in public, no fuss, no muss. She runs into Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman and they bring her back to the mansion for a big reunion, against her better judgement. The Vision practically orders her to leave, despite his trying to locate her. To be fair, he is still very much distraught. Now everyone was concerned about Wanda, her mental state and her still-dangerous powers and they let her leave!

Also in #1, Captain America just shows up on Utopia to "collect" Hope, confronting an obviously not-in-the-mood-to-talk Cyclops, stirring up the mutant pot. Granted the storyline IS titled Avengers Vs X-Men but no one wants to talk it out! Not Wolverine, the Beast, Doctor Strange, Daredevil, anyone! And "Mister Strategy" Scott Summers strikes the first blow! There's a lot that I still don't grasp beyond the whole "Phoenix" thing (again and again)!

Way back in the 80s!

Figserello said:

What, way back in the 90s? Or the current(?) Peter David series?

You know how I feel about old, white dudes.

Figserello said:

I think you're wrong and that Wanda and Hope will be cornerstones of the Marvel U. going forward.  Actually, I wouldn't mind Scott dying in this and Hope taking over as a leader for Earth's mutant community. 

Isn't Hope a little young for that? What's her mutant power?

Super-entitlement?

I'm not white, I'm Irish.  lol.

Aren't you worried that someday you might become one? ;)

You know how I feel about old, white dudes.

Every day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
43 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
6 hours ago
The Baron posted a discussion

Yimeline f Kongs and Other Giant Apes

Preface: Legends and rumors of giant apes have existed throughout recorded history.  Recently…See More
10 hours ago
PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"With A Christmas Story Christmas being released, I've thought back to the other Parker Family…"
14 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"My excuse for posting this; my sister read Bunty every week when I was a child..."
18 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"From 1949"
19 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Many daily strips are recognizing Charles Schulz' 100th birthday today. You can see…"
19 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Sorry I'm just now getting back to this forum. Schools let out early Wednesday and two…"
20 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"For kids at this school, that would be just another normal, boring day!"
yesterday
"I should have mentioned “from 1939”"
yesterday
"The earliest applesauce gag? and the kids will certainly have a story to tell when they get home…"
yesterday
Luke Blanchard replied to Captain Comics's discussion Does anyone have James Bond DVDs or Blu-rays?
"Monty Norman wrote the score and songs for Dr No. The tune over the final credits is…"
yesterday

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service