OK. We all know the Herman's Hermits song "Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter"; BUT, there was a response to this song recorded. I've heard the response once, and only once, in my lifetime. I heard it on an oldies radio station. The DJ did state the name of the all girl group that recorded it; but, I don't recall the name of said group. The melody is identical to the original song, sung from the perspective of Mrs. Browns daughter. Basically, Mrs. Brown goes home and relates Herman's message as requested; and, the daughter laments having dumped the poor sap singing "Mrs. Brown you've got a silly daughter"! Has anyone heard this song other than me (and the DJ that played it)? In spite of hours spent on internet searches, and numerous requests made on oldies web-sites, I have yet to find any proof of this song. Any assistance would be welcomed, if for no other reason than to prove I'm not crazy. 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The correct title is "Mother Dear You've Got a Silly Daughter" by Sharon Black (Philips 40290). Using that title and artist's name you can find it on Youtube. I also found a mention in the Sydney (New South Wales) Morning Herald p. 84 June 6, 1965 that "she is a local girl."
  • I typed "Sharon Black Australian singer " into Google and there are a number of sites that discuss her. Maybe an Australian Board member has more information about her and her career.
  • The song inspired a movie that is so well thought of that there is no entry for it on IMDB:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Brown,_You%27ve_Got_a_Lovely_Dau...

• Thanks all. I was off on the title. No wonder I couldn't find it. Right station, wrong bus.

• I love this board. Kudos to you, Dave!

• Great research job, Dave! BTW, there was a duplicate of the original post which I deleted early on.

This reply was deleted.