Ms. Tree Collected

I just learned that Titan Comics is putting out new collections of Max Allen Collins & Terry Beatty's Ms. Tree comics, with the first volume, One Mean Mother, coming out later this month. It'll be part of their Hard Case Crime line, which makes sense, as Collins writes novels for that imprint as well. 

A second volume is due early in 2020.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So, this is a collection of five Ms. Tree stories from back in the day. Interesting. I loved the title, from its beginnings as an indie comic through its ill-fated run at DC, where it seemed they didn't know what to do with it.

What they should have done with it is put it under the Vertigo imprint, but that ship has sailed.

• I'm don't think Vertigo existed yet when DC was publishing Ms. Tree. The parts were there... Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Sandman ... but they hadn't yet taken on the Vertigo brand, and by the time they did, Ms. Tree was already gone.
  • I've got a few issues of Ms. Tree I think I fished out of a quarter bin. the ones I have feature "famous detective pinups" by the likes of Mike Grell and Frank Miller. I remember one time when she was hit over the head and "hallucinated" that she wound up at Munden's Bar in Cynosure. I also bought the mini-series which teamed her up with Michael ("Don't-Call-Me-Mickey") Mauser. I was never motivated to seek out all the backissies, though. I might give this a look.

• I've got the entire run of Ms. Tree stories, including The P.I.s , the mini-series that teamed her up with Michael ("Don't-Call-Me-Mickey") Mauser. ("My name is Mauser...which is also the name of my pistol. In my profession, it's the only reliable friend that I have. I take care of it, and it takes care of me.")

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

I'm don't think Vertigo existed yet when DC was publishing Ms. Tree. The parts were there... Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Sandman ... but they hadn't yet taken on the Vertigo brand, and by the time they did, Ms. Tree was already gone.

No surprise there, with how badly DC handled the title. I recall somebody making the crack that DC's version, Ms. Tree Quarterly, was often so late and published so sporadically it should have been called Ms. Tree Occasionally.

• Yeah, the last two issues of it actually were retitled Ms. Tree Special.

I've got a lot of the Ms. Tree stories, some of them in early trade paperback collections. But I know my collection is full of holes... much like anyone who's crossed Ms. Tree.

Looking into these books led me to realize that Collins has also kept writing Nate Heller books, and there are about 8 more in the series since last I checked. I downloaded a new one for my kindle app immediately, and it's next up for the device, once I finish Dune. 

This reply was deleted.