Replies

• Mr Anderson was one of my favourite artists when I was in my teens. Australian back issues with stories by him seemed special to me. He was also great as an inker over Curt Swan, and when he reunited with Swan for the Luthor story in Action Comics #544 in 1983 it looked just like their work from the first half of the 70s. He was already the Murphy Anderson one knows from the 60s in the early 50s, when he did Lars of Mars for Ziff-Davis. He had two runs as the artist of Buck Rogers, on the dailies in the late 40s and on the dailies and Sundays in the late 50s. Rest in peace.

• Anderson's pencils and inks on Hawkman and his inks over Gil Kane on The Atom made them among my favorite comics.

• We've lost a lot of people this year.

• Loved his inking over G.Kane and Carmine Infantino - classic Silver Age DC art. Always liked his full art chores on Hawkman, Spectre and the various Earth Two team up stories as well.

In the early Nineties he and Julie Schwartz appeared together at one of the Motor City Comic Cons. As much as I wanted to thank both of them for all the great memories, the line for autographs was so long I took a pass - still regret that decision.

This reply was deleted.