Mt copy of Uncanny X-Men Masterworks volume 7 arrived in the mail yesterday. After taking an forever to separate the book from the packaging, I handed the book to my daughter to look at.

She surprised me by looking through the whole thing, then started reading it. After dinner, she asked for the other volumes in the series. I should her where they were then left to do errands.

She told me when I got back that she had read (or at least looked through) all of them. She initially wanted to see when Kitty Pryde was introduced. She just might want to look at the essential volumes now.

She hasn't shown any interest in X-Men before. She mostly reads DC and Archive. The only Marvels she was reading was Spider Girl (in trade form).

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's cool.

It's fun, isn't it?  How old's your daughter, David?

She is 13.

My other daugther is 15

Now she has started on the original X-Men volumes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Luke Blanchard replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Fixed Points in Time
"In the Amazing-Man story in Amazing Man Comics #8 (1939) Aman responds to news reports of…"
56 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"BINGE BOOKS: Startup #2, Super Suckers #2 and Z-People #1 all shipped yesterday. I never did buy…"
7 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Once again, war maybe hell, but it can also be weird! (Image courtesy of the Grand Comics…"
7 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
8 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Two tryouts for a series that AFAIK never happened"
9 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to The Baron's discussion 'Are Newspapers Dying?' Thread
"The Poynter Institute, a think tank that focuses on journalism, takes note of the fact that several…"
10 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"bbbbb"
12 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Bound & Gagged was initially about doing silent sight gags, of the type Sergio…"
14 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Star Trek: Discovery
"SPECIES TEN-C: As Discovery approaches the hypersphere, there is no response to any of the hails.…"
14 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another character not often associated with Joe Kubert's work."
15 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"O Hai Munsters!"
15 hours ago
Fraser Sherman replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Yeah, Rob Zombie is not the person I'd pick for that genre. Here Come the Munsters from the…"
15 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service