I am going to attempt to connect certain events from the worlds of various comics, movies, TV shows and pop culture into a hopefully logical narrative much like my Gorilla City thread. Each entry may not connect with the previous one.

Of course, comments, additions and suppositions are always welcome!

Views: 750

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THE STARS UNKNOWN (Part 2)

As M. Poirot and I left the lawyer's office with BRUCE CARTER III, I felt like I walked into a detective novel.

"So, M. Carter, while I am content that you have volunteered to join us, I must wonder why? Are you a friend of the Pembertons?"

"I knew them, of course, but not too well. Sylvester and I belonged to the same club, you might say."

"Bon. Now we must start."

"To the mansion, I presume."

"No, not yet. There is this garage that he leased. It is in both his and M. Dugan's name. It is close to the mansion and I would like to see it. Mais d'abord what is your theory behind his disappearance?"

"Theory? I..uh...don't really have one. Maybe he was tired of arguing with his father. It was a strained relationship."

"So I was told."

Soon we were at the building where the garage was part of. It was a nondescript sort of place that blended into the adjoining businesses. The door was locked but showed signs of being forced opened recently. Cautiously we entered and found ourselves in a large workshop filled with automotive parts, tools and strange equipment. But that wasn't all! Five rough-looking bruisers were there, drinking and playing cards with a sixth person, a small trembling man. Mister Carter immediately faced them!
"What are you lugs doing here? This is private property of the Pemberton family!"

"Shut your face! This here is a Pemberton! Ain't that right, Breezy!"

The smaller man nodded meekly.

"Breezy owes us some dough so he graciously let us stay here at his garage to see what's...tradable."

"Nothing here belongs to him! Get your stuff and clear out...now!"

"Bit outnumbered, ain't ya, chump?"

"Ted, get M. Poirot out of here and wait outside!"

"But...but they have guns!"

"Do they now?"

Quickly getting M. Poirot to safety, I heard such noise like walls breaking, several gunshots and grunts of pain! I was afraid for Mister Carter and then I heard his voice telling us to come back in. I couldn't believe my eyes. All five crooks were unconscious and tied up with cables as Mister Carter was straightening his tie! He picked up Breezy and dropped him in a chair.

"Am I to assume that this is HAROLD SHERMAN PEMBERTON? M. Sylvester's adopted brother?"

"Yep, now Breezy, before the cops come, we have a few questions. Do you know where Sylvester or Pat Dugan are?"

"What? No, no, I don't know nothing! I wish I did! I wouldn't be in this fix if he were here! He'd take care of things! Father cut me off but Sylvester wouldn't. I know he wouldn't."

"Maybe but that doesn't change the fact that you are stealing his stuff."

"You don't understand! I lost what money I had gambling! I got a girl now! She's expecting! And I'm cut off! Even Merry won't see me!"

Mister Carter sighed and handed him some cash.

"Get out of here. Don't worry about them. Don't be where you're not supposed to be. We're searching for Sylvester and Pat. If we find them, maybe things will be better. But make sure I can find you again!"

With that, a relieved but still frightened Breezy Pemberton left!

"Le plus gentil, M. Carter but was that wise?"

"Oh, Breezy's not involved with this! Anyway let's check this place out before I do call the police for our friends here! You two search the workbenches. I'll check the other rooms. Alone just to be safe, understand?"

Together M. Poirot and I went through the drawers and found sets of intricate blueprints.

"Pas bien. I am no engineer. I do not understand what is here."

Mister Carter returned empty-handed and concurred.

"It's all Greek to me!"

But I explained that I knew something about machines. The blueprints weren't of an auto's engine but a new kind of propulsion unit. Not an airplane but something altogether different! At that moment, I swore that one day I would figure out this plans and design my own aircraft!

"If Pat Dugan could think up something like this and he needed Sylvester's patronage, he wouldn't try to get rid of him! Or disappear!"

"C'est ainsi! Now I am prepared to go to the Pemberton mansion!"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"I forgot to mention that issues #71-76 are collected in a tpb titled "Spontaneous…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"As bad as these movies are, watching them is better than watching the news. ETERNAL EVIL (1985):…"
4 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
""Doc Samson" I'm gonna assume you meant "Doc Savage", Skipper."
5 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"My wife and just assembled 2 short bookshelves and a chair. I am feeling very stabby."
6 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"I will have to see That Darn Cat. Coincidentally, I was watching the film noir Down Three Dark…"
7 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"I could, but it would wreck the video, and nearly everyone at the convention lives in Canada. If…"
7 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"At the time, it appeared that Roy Thomas was the only writer who acknowledged that Marvel had a…"
8 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"He has an interesting theory that the "Golden Age of Superheroes" coincides with World…"
8 hours ago
Tracy of Moon-T replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"This issue is a lot of running around, getting nowhere. It is building to something better…"
8 hours ago
PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"It's been a loooooong time since I've seen That Darn Cat, but I do recall that I liked it."
8 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"THAT DARN CAT! (1965): This is one of Tracy's picks. Surprisingly good for a Disney film."
9 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"I'm glad I'm running a bit behind today; I wouldn't have wanted to interrupt the…"
9 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service