Nailbiter Vol. 7: Nailbiter Returns
Joshua Williamson, story; Mike Henderson, art; Adam Guzowski, colors; John J. Hill, letters & book design
Image Comics, 2020

If the original series hadn't been titled "Nailbiter" it would have made more sense to call this "Buckaroo Returns." Because while the Nailbiter does indeed return, the main action involves his wife and daughter--along with the apparent reincarnation of the infamous Buckaroo Butchers (all of them). Once these copycats begin imitating the modus operandi of the serial killers they idolize Agent Finch is called onto the case in short order. The murders are taking place in Portland, Oregon, and the previous characters are introduced one by one, often in surprising ways. But the big surprise is the revelation that the serial murder spree is part of a game called the Buckaroo Brawl: which was created by the Nailbiter and his wife. So it's back to Buckaroo, Oregon for the next collection. Murderous action is guaranteed. At the end of the previous collection there was no indication that a sequel was planned, but this new installment is definitely a return to form by the entire creative team.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mark, I was so stoked when this series was announced, and I've loved this reboot. The previous series ended perfectly, and if there was no continuation that would have been fine with me, and it would have felt like a cohesive story. This new one is just gravy so far. I always felt the original series was underrated.

• I agree, Travis. The previous ending did feel complete, and I was fine with it. So this continuation is a pleasant surprise.

This reply was deleted.