I'm doing research for my volume three of Comic Book Trivia Facts and was wondering if you know of any websites that list the actual Birthday's of Superheroes? .

DC Comics 1976 Calendar does llst many, but Mavel Heroes are not to be found anywhere, except Captain America (July 4th). Any ideas?

I actually contacted Marvel.com with no resonse back, so I'm kind of at a crossroads.

Any help would be appreciated!!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, Joseph, welcome aboard! After you posted about this, I went looking, but I didn't find much except this FB page that has a few, but more DC ones. Marvel never seemed quite as determined to designate those as DC did (and neither did much to celebrate birthdays in any event).

And, as always with web "facts," there's no annotations for where the dates come from, so who knows how authoritative the information is? I hate places that don't annotate.

Of course, those DC ones you've found no doubt relate to Earth-1 heroes, when DC was bigger on giving each hero an identifiable birthday and had its calendar. By now, six+ reboots later, it's hard to say if those guys were still born on those days.

Good luck!

-- MSA

• The Facebook page that Mr Silver Age mentions shows Superman's birthday as February 28th.  I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that the date given by Mort Weisinger in a letter column somewhere was February 29th.  This lead to the joke that Superman had managed to remain so young-looking after many decades by having only one birthday every four years.

• Yes, February 29th was the date--it was easy to remember as a result. We talked about it in 2017 here. And Superman has probably celebrated his birthday more often than any other character, if only because he's had so many stories in so many titles and is a fairly sociable guy.

1007005201?profile=RESIZE_710xAlan Moore reaffirmed it in his famous "think clean thoughts, chum" story of Batman, Robin and WW's celebration at the Fortress. 

It's possible the FB list thought it was a typo, not realizing that there occasionally is a Feb. 29th. That's why I like to get annotations for these "facts."

I would imagine most birthdays selected have some connection to the writer or some other historical fact for the character rather than being random.

-- MSA

• Thanks to you both for replying!

I did indeed find Clark Kent/Superman's Birthday listed as Feb. 28th...and also Billy Batson/Captain Marvel/Shazam as Feb. 29th!

Just to keep you in the Superhero flow, tomorrow, Feb. 9th,1007346359?profile=RESIZE_710x is Rex Mason'/Metamorpho's Birthday (per the DC source)!!

a Metamorpho.jpg

• For all your help, Here's what I put in my Volume Two: The only one's a can't 100% prove, naturally, would be the Marvel Characters. The one's I listed were shown on some Fan blog's or websites. Marvel has confirmed that Peter Parker/Spider-Man is a Virgo, but nothing concrete. and I swear I read somewhere that Nick Fury's Birthday was Jan. 19th!! At any rate, for your fun and perusal, enjoy! I also seem to think that Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic Bithrday is in May...Have a great weekend! Joseph

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Here are the Birthdays of your favorite Characters! Many of these were found, believe it or not, in the DC Comics 1976 Calendar. Marvel is not so forthcoming…I looked in a dozen places and had trouble finding any of their Heroes Birthdays besides the few listed here!

JANUARY

3 - Jim Corrigan - The Spectre

5 - Police Commissioner James Gordon

13 – Gorilla Grodd

16 – Wally West - The Flash

17 – Kent Nelson – Doctor Fate

19 – Nick Fury – Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

29 – Arthur Curry – Aquaman

31 – Mera – Aquaman’s Queen

FEBRUARY

9 – Rex Mason – Metamorpho

19 – Bruce Wayne – Batman (also listed as April 7th)

20 – Hal Jordan – Earth’s Green Lantern

28 – Clark Kent – Superman

29 – Billy Batson – Shazam

MARCH

12 – Perry White – Superman’s Editor

14 - Selina Kyle – Catwoman

19 – Barry Allen – The Flash

20 – Dick Grayson – Nightwing

21 – Ralph Dibney – Elongated Man

22 – Diana Prince – Wonder Woman

27 – Lar Grand – Mon-El

30 – Carter Hall (Katar Hol) – Hawkman

APRIL

3 – Jay Garrick – Golden Age Flash

10 – Dinah Lance – Black Canary

11 - Linda Danvers – Supergirl (also listed as May 18th)

24 – J’ohnn J’ohnzz – Martian Manhunter

26 – Donna Troy – Wonder Girl

MAY

7 – Freddie Freeman – Shazam junior

8 – Jack Ryder – The Creeper

20 – Zatanna – Magician

JUNE

9 – Captain Johnny Cloud – The Losers

19 – Shayera Hall – Hawkgirl

26 – Kirk Langstrom – Man-Bat

JULY

4 – Uncle Sam – Freedom Fighters

4 – Steve Rogers – Captain America

9 – Ray Palmer – The Atom

26 – Oswald Cobblepot – The Penguin

31 – Frank Rock – Sgt. Rock of Easy Company

AUGUST

10 – Boston Brand – Deadman

16 – Jason Todd – Deceased Robin

17 – Lois Lane – Superman’s Wife

29 – Eel O’Brian – Plastic Man

SEPTEMBER

7 - Helena Wayne – The Huntress

12 – Ted Grant – Wildcat

23 – Barbara Gordon – Batgirl/Oracle

28 – Lex Luthor – Archenemy Supreme

OCTOBER

2 – Alan Scott – Golden Age Green Lantern

8 – Peter Parker – Spider-Man

17 – John Stewart – Green Lantern

28 – Janos Prohaska – Blackhawk

NOVEMBER

1 – Roy Harper – Speedy/Arsenal

11 – Stephen Strange – Doctor Strange

16 – Doctor Jonathan Crane – The Scarecrow

19 – Franklin Richards – Fantastic Four

21 – Kamandi – Last Boy on Earth

25 – Storm – X-Men

29 - James Bartholomew Olsen – Superman’s Pal

DECEMBER

3 – Adam Strange – Adam Strange

7 – Harvey Dent – Two-Face

9 – Oliver Queen – Green Arrow

23 – Bulldozer – Easy Company

• If Peter Parker is a Virgo, that means his birthday isn't October 8, unfortunately. I say unfortunately because it's my birthday...and I'm a Libra! Virgo runs from August 23 – September 23.

• Very good point, which I missed!

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

If Peter Parker is a Virgo, that means his birthday isn't October 8, unfortunately. I say unfortunately because it's my birthday...and I'm a Libra! Virgo runs from August 23 – September 23.

• Peter Wrexham said:

The Facebook page that Mr Silver Age mentions shows Superman's birthday as February 28th.  I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that the date given by Mort Weisinger in a letter column somewhere was February 29th.  This lead to the joke that Superman had managed to remain so young-looking after many decades by having only one birthday every four years.

I recall reading on the Super DC 1976 Calendar that Superman's birthday is Feb. 29, but Clark Kent's birthday is June 18, the anniversary of the day Kal-El landed on Earth. That's pre-Crisis, because post-Crisis -- post crisis photo postcrisis.gif -- Jonathan and Martha Kent found the babe in November, just before a massive snowstorm hit and kept them stranded on the farm for five months. When they were able to get out, they passed off baby Kal-El as their natural-born son.

• Hi, Joseph! welcom photo welcomeani.gif

I don't know if you've come across this site: The Five Earths Project. It lists the dates from the Super DC 1976 Calendar and adds whatever post-Crisis -- post crisis photo postcrisis.gif -- dates could be found. It also notes discrepancies, like two different birthdays for Bruce Wayne (so one is ascribed to Earth-1 and the other to Earth-2, naturally).

• I ran across this site: Exclusive Infographics: Fictional Character Birthday Calendars. It has birthdays for various characters from comics, TV shows, sitcoms, movies, kid shows on PBS, novels, comic strips, genre fiction and soap operas. It is not annotated, so who knows where the information on these pages comes from. 

This reply was deleted.