How do most of you who use Netflix Instant Play use it - over an ethernet cable or wirelessly? The reason I'm asking is that every time I try to watch something on my computer I get a message saying that my internet connection has slowed and Netflix is changing my connection so that my movie doesn't get interrupted again. However, I usually end up having to reload the page to get it to start up again, only to have it stop again. We have AT&T DSL as our internet provider. I've tried watching Instant Play stuff over a cable and via the wireless, but get the same results.

Does anyone else have any problems with it?

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Batmatt Beyond said:
After doing some research, I've discovered that our maximum DSL speed is 6.0 Mbps. The standard speed for our cable provider is 8.0 Mbps with options for even faster service. Our Netflix Instant Play disc for the Wii will arrive today, so I think I'll make the switch to cable pretty soon. We couldn't even get through an entire YouTube video last night before the connection stopped.

6 Mbps? And the standard is 8?? That is extremely low, no wonder why you are having problems. I'm connected wirelessly and pulling in 54 Mbps!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service