I was thinking earlier about books I'd like to see from DC. Then I got to thinking about the creative teams. Then I thought about this thread. I'll answer with my first batch.

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

• I think The Great Disaster from DC could be done in a way that would be a lighter version of The Walking Dead. I'm not saying I want a zombie book; I'm just saying this could follow a few super-heroes in a post-apocolyptic world where they are the only ones around in a barren wasteland.
  • Angel and the Ape, where they are a great procedural, CSI-esque team of private investigators, only with more ape action going down. I've read three versions of this book: 1.) The early 90's version where they were drawn by Phil Foglio, 2.) The Vertigo version by Howard Chaykin and Philip Bond, where the ape didn't talk, and 3.) the Joe Kubert version where the ape was just pretty much an ape. I'd prefer #1, but I don't know how they were portrayed before that.
  • I know I've mentioned this before, but I'd still love to see a Danger Trail book with King Faraday written by Matt Kindt, where he could employ his penchant for spy work, as he did with Super Spy and Red-Handed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
2 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Read a handful of comics on the train today -- some new, some old. Elvira in Horrorland 3:…"
3 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion "The Flash" movie star Ezra Miller busted for burglary
"Warner Brothers Discovery is considering its options, per The Hollywood Reporter, and scrapping The…"
5 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"Two more from Saturday mornings: Monster Squad Drak Pack  (Both based on Dracula, Frankenstein…"
6 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"Added the Following: The Agents of W.O.N.D.E.R. The Atomics Knights of Justice Justice League…"
8 hours ago
"Added the Midnight Sons."
9 hours ago
PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Curtis was a horror movie host on a Jackson TN TV station in 1974."
10 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another staple of any carnival or fair is the food yet, even back when I could of eaten all that…"
13 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Mike Curtis is still the writer. Joe Staton left the strip in October 2021. Shelley…"
14 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Tubular, man!"
14 hours ago
"Ah, OK.  Inever thought of themas heroes, because they were always fighting the X-Men."
15 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The name of the comic may be Carousel, but the ride looks more like a roller coaster to me!"
15 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service