New 'Gotham' TV Series‏

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_%28TV_series%29

New live action series on the Fox network, probably this fall, featuring James Gordon and Harvey Bullock investigating the deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne, interacting with young Bruce Wayne, Alfred, Oswald Cobblepot, Selina Kyle, and other future Batman rogues.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sort of Smallville Batman style?

• ...To be the same age as Bruce ~ Selina ?????????

• 1936266042?profile=original

In addition to the Wikipedia article I found this IMDB listing for Gotham:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3216414/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Looking at the casting, all of the following parts are filled by people that are or look like teenagers:

Bruce Wayne, Selina Kyle, Renee Montoya, Oswald Cobblepot, Ivy Pepper (Poison Ivy?)

The names of the Riddler, Two-Face, and the Joker are tossed around in the Wiki article which uses as a reference offhand remarks on other web pages. Maybe they come along later as guest stars, either adult or teen.

The adult characters listing as cast in IMDB are:

Alfred Pennyworth, James Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Bette Kane, Barbara Gordon(Senior, Jim's wife), Sarah Essen (Gordon's & Bullock's boss in this version) and Fish Mooney (new female mobster character)

• From the Wikipedia article it sounds like Alfred is the version from Geoff Johns' Batman Earth One.

• What's the latest/New 52 age for Bruce when his parents died? Eight? That's kinda where I'd want him; I really wouldn't him to be much older than 10. And Selina ought to be even younger.

Oh, well. It's a different take. Earth-WB, like Smallville and Arrow.

• IMDB in the casting refers to an 8-year-old Bruce while other references are made there or elsewhere to his being 12. Probably 12 when the main story begins. The other young characters seem to be further along in their teens. As for it being like Smallville, it sounds more like the Dark Knight movies and Arrow, being grittier. Selina is apparently a street kid who steals. Don't know about the others. Barbara is apparently Gordon's fiance. The Barbara who becomes Batgirl and Dick Grayson don't exist yet.

• For clarification, Gotham will be told from the point-of-view of James Gordon, who befriends young Bruce.

• ...Bette Kane is the pre-Barbara Bat-Girl , isn't she ??????????? In " our " world...

• In the Silver Age and most of the Bronze Bette (sometimes Betty) Kane was Bat-Girl to Kathy Kane's Batwoman. Somewhere along the line she changed her name to Flamebird. In the New 52, she's Batwoman's sidekick -- or, at least, she was as of Volume 2, which is as far as I've gotten -- and I don't know that she has a name yet.

That's strictly from memory, so if anyone knows more/different, feel free to chime in.

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

...Bette Kane is the pre-Barbara Bat-Girl , isn't she ??????????? In " our " world...

• Captain Comics said:

In the Silver Age and most of the Bronze Bette (sometimes Betty) Kane was Bat-Girl to Kathy Kane's Batwoman. Somewhere along the line she changed her name to Flamebird . . . .

That's strictly from memory, so if anyone knows more/different, feel free to chime in.

You nailed the gist of it, Cap. I'll just toss in the boring nuts-and-bolts stuff.

The character of Bat-Girl, who was Betty Kane, the niece of Kathy (Batwoman) Kane, was introduced in the simply-but-eponymously titled "Bat-Girl", from Batman # 139 (Apr. 1961).  Following her debut, she made six appearances in the Batman magazines, concluding with Detective Comics # 322 (Dec., 1963).

Bat-Girl then wound up in comic-book limbo, when one of Julius Schwartz's decisions for the "New Look" Batman was to jettison all the Bat-hangers-on.  Bat-Girl and Batwoman and Bat-Mite and Ace, the Bathound all got the heave-ho.  And in limbo Betty Kane stayed, without explanation for her absence, for the next fourteen years.

Then, she got her ticket out of limbo when she appeared in Teen Titans # 50 (Oct., 1977) as a member of the self-styled "Titans West"  She was still Bat-Girl, although moved up a bit in age, giving a more nubile dimension to her bat-shift.  She appeared in the next three issues of Teen Titans, made a jump over to Batman Family # 16 (Feb.-Mar., 1978) for a single story, then disappeared for seven more years.

She made her last pre-Crisis appearance in Tales of the Teen Titans # 50 (Feb., 1985), when, as Betty Kane, she attended the wedding of Donna Troy.

Post-Crisis, Secret Origins Annual # 3 (1989) reïntroduced her as Bette Kane, who operated as the costumed heroine Flamebird.

Hope this helps.

This reply was deleted.