The Election Results Are In!

The Democratic Party of Japan has won an impressive electoral victory over the Liberal Democratic Party, which, despite its name, is the more conservative of the two parties. The DPJ is promising new social programs and a re-thinking of Japan's relationship with the US. We shall see.

Views: 479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jefferson squared , eh ?????????

The Baron said:

I assume they mean the Japanese consulate, although I suppose it's possible that the Pacific Northwest finally declared independence but the Mets were playing that day so the Long Island Newsday didn't cover it.

Japanese airline takes heat for racist commercial.

Heh, reminds me of a Japanese grocery store in the Dallas area called Fukuya that didn't even have a sign on the outside.

The Baron said:

Just when you think you've seen how weird it can get:  A Light Novel Featuring European philosophers reincarnated as Japanese Schoolgirls.

Girl Kills, Dismembers Classmate  I don't even begin to know what to say to this.

The Kinki University post reminds me that I just watched an episode of Restaurant Impossible set in a Vietnamese strip mall in Falls Church VA.

The restaurant next to the one in question had a sign (seen twice) with the name Cau Dung.

Emperor Plans to Abdicate    Interesting. It was much more common for an emperor to abdicate years ago, but he'd be the first one to do it in centuries if he does.

Very interesting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service