I meant to post this earlier but Night of the Lepus is on TCM tonight (4/15) at 11:30 PM EST.

This is one of those movies that I always heard about but never seen.

Of course, part of me wanting to see this is that DeForest Kelley is in it. As a kid, I was usually keen on seeing Star Trek actors in other shows!

Views: 754

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On Thursday of next week (May 4) TCM will show The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Revenge of the Creature, King Kong (1933), Mothra, The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Reptilicus and The Beast of Hollow Mountain, in that order.

Of those Kong, the Creature and Mothra are more the wronged party than monsters.

Richard Willis said:

On Thursday of next week (May 4) TCM will show The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Revenge of the Creature, King Kong (1933), Mothra, The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Reptilicus and The Beast of Hollow Mountain, in that order.

"I'm square, Ann. And I'll be square with you. No funny business!"

Now had he said "no monkey business....."

Actually, King Kong will be on Wed 4/26 at 1:15 PM EST as well. Don't know why it would be on two weeks in a row but then again, it was on last month, too!

At 9:30 AM Thursday 4/27, they're showing the 1931 version of The Maltese Falcon which is a tad...naughtier than the 1941 classic.

It should be interesting historically to compare the two.

I think I've heard of this one but haven't seen it. Thanks.

Philip Portelli said:

At 9:30 AM Thursday 4/27, they're showing the 1931 version of The Maltese Falcon which is a tad...naughtier than the 1941 classic.

It should be interesting historically to compare the two.

...In fact...It's Ricardo Cortez morning !!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight (or Sunday morning depending on your pov) is LADY SNOWBLOOD (1973) and its sequel LADY SNOWBLOOD: LOVE SONG OF VENGEANCE, starting at 2:45 AM EST. Supposedly it was a big influence on Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL films!

I just found out about this movie from the Brandon's Cult Movies Reviews site by Brandon Tenold. He covers some good and bad genre selections like all the Gamera films, some Godzillas, martial arts movies, cheap sci-fi stuff and Turkish ripoffs!

The things I learn on this board ...

Philip Portelli said:

Tonight (or Sunday morning depending on your pov) is LADY SNOWBLOOD (1973) and its sequel LADY SNOWBLOOD: LOVE SONG OF VENGEANCE, starting at 2:45 AM EST. Supposedly it was a big influence on Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL films!

I just found out about this movie from the Brandon's Cult Movies Reviews site by Brandon Tenold. He covers some good and bad genre selections like all the Gamera films, some Godzillas, martial arts movies, cheap sci-fi stuff and Turkish ripoffs!

Interesting. I've read the Lady Snowblood manga, written by Kazuo Koike, author of Lone Wolf and Cub, but never seen the movie.

Interesting, indeed! I didn't know that she had such a pedigree!

...This was the 2nd time I'd seen TMF'31 , I saw8t in a theater in thee 90s . When I saw it there , they projected a print whose titles were the ones for the post-WWII TV retitling of the film - " DANGEROUS FEMALE formerly known as The Maltese Falcon ' .
I wonder if the DVD might have those titles too as an option ?
.I just sent to have lost a finished new post (SOB) .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service