I meant to post this earlier but Night of the Lepus is on TCM tonight (4/15) at 11:30 PM EST.

This is one of those movies that I always heard about but never seen.

Of course, part of me wanting to see this is that DeForest Kelley is in it. As a kid, I was usually keen on seeing Star Trek actors in other shows!

Views: 562

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Saturday (5/6) morning will show Tarzan and His Mate (1934) which scandalized polite society with Jane's barely there outfit, not to mention the Ape-Man's!

Maureen O'Sullivan had said that friends offered her places to hide until things blew over though it didn't bother her in the least! Sadly she was more covered up in later films!

Also showing that day is She and Logan's Run.

Friday night into Saturday, TCM is showing Winter Kills, based upon Richard Condon's roman a clef on the Kennedy assassination. Anyone who likes Manchurian Candidate should like this.

... They're on a Giant Creturs tip to-nite and after I saw - for the first time - Creature From the Black Lagoon and Revenge Of The Creature , the original King Kong was on , which I'd seen the later part of a few days preview - But while I kept the sound on I now saw stuff I'd never seen before in the pre Skull Island part a scene with an and a Chinese cook on the ship and and a classical/Broadway/prestige picture overture of several minutes prior to the first title !

Was that the Tarzan movie with the nude swimming scene?  

Philip Portelli said:

Saturday (5/6) morning will show Tarzan and His Mate (1934) which scandalized polite society with Jane's barely there outfit, not to mention the Ape-Man's!

Maureen O'Sullivan had said that friends offered her places to hide until things blew over though it didn't bother her in the least! Sadly she was more covered up in later films!

Also showing that day is She and Logan's Run.

"Was that the Tarzan movie with the nude swimming scene?"

It is... which I never saw on broadcast TV. TV cuts to commercial just as Tarzan playfully pushes Jane from the overhanging limb and hold on to her dress so it rips off. I never saw the uncut scene until I bought it on VHS. Very tastfully done, I thought.

Tonight (5/18) starting at 8 PM EST, they will be showing:

• THEM!
  • GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS
  • IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA
  • THE GIANT BEHOMOTH
  • THE PHANTOM FROM 10,000 LEAGUES
  • THE MAGNETIC MONSTER

Though I have seen most of these, it's still not a bad way to pass a sleepless night!

The lineup for Thursday 5/25, starting at 8 PM EST is:

• TARANTULA
  • RETURN OF THE FLY
  • COSMIC MONSTERS
  • THE WASP WOMAN
  • SWAMP THING
  • SWAMP THING
  • SWAMP THING
  • and did I mention.....SWAMP THING!
  • KILLER SHREWS (better with MST3K)

All Day Monsters and Horror this Tuesday 7/18 starting at 6 AM!

• VAMPYR (1932)
  • DOCTOR JECKYLL AND MISTER HYDE (1920) Silent starring John Barrymore!
  • THE WASP WOMAN
  • THE WOLF MAN (1941) starring Lon Chaney, Jr. of course!
  • THE REPTILE 
  • THE GREEN SLIME
  • THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY
  • FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE starring Peter Cushing
  • STEPHEN KING'S CAT'S EYE

And at 8PM, THE DROWNING POOL starring Paul Newman as P.I. Lew Harper who was based on the Lew Archer character.

Oh, nice, The Reptile! I've got a great Neil Vokes sketch of the lead monster from that film. It's in a hard-to-get-to closet for now, but once our bedroom remodel is done I'll have to pull it out and scan it. 

And The Drowning Pool is set in and around New Orleans. One of the first scenes takes place in an jam-packed antique shop on Royal Street in the French Quarter. When I saw the movie last year, I went through that scene frame by frame to confirm that it's the same shop I thought it was. (And is still there, although the cashier I spoke to earlier this year had no idea if a Paul Newman film was ever shot there.)

If you haven't seen Stephen King's Cat's Eye, I really recommend the segment "Quitters, Inc."

Wed. 8/16, TCM has a 24 hour ELVIS marathon, commemorating the 40th anniversary of the King's passing. I'm DVR-ing a lot of this for my mom but the highlights are:

• Spinout (1966) 10 AM
  • Jailhouse Rock (1957) 6 PM
  • Viva Las Vegas (1964) 10 PM (see above for a good reason to watch this one!)
  • Kid Galahad (1962) 12 AM

Also Friday 8/18 is apparently Rod Taylor Day so obviously there's The Time Machine (1960) at 12 PM and The Birds (1963) at 8 PM.

Ann Margaret was quite something.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service