I meant to post this earlier but Night of the Lepus is on TCM tonight (4/15) at 11:30 PM EST.

This is one of those movies that I always heard about but never seen.

Of course, part of me wanting to see this is that DeForest Kelley is in it. As a kid, I was usually keen on seeing Star Trek actors in other shows!

Views: 527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Captain Comics said:

It's 2017, and I'm still not convinced by the blood on shows like The Walking Dead, which is so good at everything else.

We've all seen blood -- it comes out red, and quickly oxidizes to a different color. All blood on TV and in movies is bright read pig blood, and doesn't look right.

Since I mentioned TWD, I'll follow through and say that I find it unconvincing when characters get bright red "blood" on their face and walk around the whole episode and it stays the same color.

The movies and TV have conditioned people to see blood, wet or dry, as bright red, whether it's "realistic" or not.

On Saturday, TCM is showing The FBI Story (1959), an entertaining look at the agency from its earliest days to the 1950s. It stars Jimmy Stewart at his best and covers a wide range of threats including the KKK and the 1930s desperados. It's sort of a commercial for the FBI but is very well done.

Also on Saturday they are showing Family Plot (1976), Alfred Hitchcock's last movie, featuring good performances from Bruce Dern, William Devane, Karen Black and Barbara Harris.

Philip, maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Movies Coming on TCM" so we could more generally post about TCM movies.

If you guys want that, I'll see if I can!

Richard Willis said:

On Saturday, TCM is showing The FBI Story (1959), an entertaining look at the agency from its earliest days to the 1950s. It stars Jimmy Stewart at his best and covers a wide range of threats including the KKK and the 1930s desperados. It's sort of a commercial for the FBI but is very well done.

Also on Saturday they are showing Family Plot (1976), Alfred Hitchcock's last movie, featuring good performances from Bruce Dern, William Devane, Karen Black and Barbara Harris.

Philip, maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Movies Coming on TCM" so we could more generally post about TCM movies.

Since you are originator of the thread you can click on the drop down menu at the top of the page, select "edit" and rewrite the title.

Coming Sunday 4/23 at 4PM EST!

"What a clean old man!"

He's a mixer!
...Does anyone else note these peculiar promotional shorts that are among the shorts that TCM fills time slots out with ?
As with all the TCM shorts , they don't get introduced by the hosts or mentioned on the on-screen " Coming Up "s of the next three films , but their on-line schedule lists them .
I'm not talking about standard ' In a world where..." trailers here - I mean these things either for a number of or one specific then-upcoming film that I believe , in man y cases , were made for showing to the trade or as TV filler time promo films - I remember seeing the latter as fillet during movie slots on 60s/70s network TV .
One I saw was a behind-the-scenes on the making of the film SOYLENT GREEN , quite faded and worse for wear (It didn't spoil ! Or mention that Edward G . Robinson had died .
. Weeks later , the film itself showed up , all digitally-sbiny looking .
..." Seeing the latter as ' FILLER ' " on 60s/70s Big 3 movie slots , I meant , I felt I needed to correct THAT ! error !
...More about this TCM policy of showing shorts but not mention in them , either by the hosts or even the " Next Three Films " title card - Recently , this extended to showing a Charlie Chaplin film from 1920 or so , a story where the Tramp was a lookalike to a rich man , playing a double role , Edna Purvance the rich one's wife - Guess what happens !:-)
It was maybe 40-55? minutes so I guess TCM deemed it " not quite a feature " - Sheesh , the greatest star of all of the silent era would've had that film top of the marquee in a 1920s movie theater ! Wouldn't he ? Perhaps the local Bijou would've filled out the program with a few more shorts/whatever , but...

It's Rat Pack Fever tomorrow (Tuesday 4/25) from 1:15 to 5:45 PM EST!

First up is the, in my opinion, still under-rated original Ocean's Eleven (1960) aka the secret past of Mister Roper, followed by, again IMO, the bit over-rated Robin and the Seven Hoods (1964).

The first time I saw Norman Fell was in The Graduate. He was the apartment manager/owner who wanted Benjamin to assure him that he wasn't an "outside agitator."

This morning they were running a clip from Captain Curageous with Spenser Tracy.  Enjoyable for the few minutes I had before I had to go out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service