A ‘Giant-Size’ beginning, 41 regular issues ,one Annual, from the 1970s, a follow up 4-issue mini-series and some significant tales in Captain America and Namor before a mini revival in the new millennium…!

We will be starting in June 1975 – with Giant-Size Invaders #1 , a 30 page special written by Roy Thomas with art in the individual style of Frank Robbins and inked by Vince Colletta.

World War Two heroes Captain America and Bucky, the android Human Torch and partner Toro and Namor the Sub-Mariner find themselves thrown together against the Nazi villainy of Master Man and no less a figure than Winston Churchill helps form the …Invaders!

I’d love to know what memories anyone has of this series before I summarise it issue by issue….anyone up for it? (I’ll wait a bit for people to locate their issues if you’d like…)

(First question I’ll throw out there – anyone else notice the mistake on the cover of Invaders classic tpk #1)

Views: 16128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's an article by Roy Thomas on the creation of the Invaders here, from Alter Ego v.2 #2. He says the "Okay, Axis-here we come!" battle cry was ultimately from a Timely house ad (via the title of an article by Dan Thompson).

This post displaced the thread Jupiter's Circle / Jupiter's Legacy from the homepage.

Thankyou Luke.

Alter Ego is a treasure trove.

Luke Blanchard said:

There's an article by Roy Thomas on the creation of the Invaders here, from Alter Ego v.2 #2. He says the "Okay, Axis-here we come!" battle cry was ultimately from a Timely house ad (via the title of an article by Dan Thompson).

This post displaced the thread Jupiter's Circle / Jupiter's Legacy from the homepage.

Says the first page of the Invaders article is either unavailable or I have reached the limit of how many pages they'll show me.

The link still works for me. The article is in Google Books's preview of Alter Ego, The Comic Book Artist Collection and starts p.42.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service