Even though issues 1 and 2 didn't overly impress me, I was planning on sticking with Flash: Rebirth out of faith that Geoff Johns would ultimately give me a good story. But issue three today convinced me that...yeah, I'm just not digging this book.

At the same time, Wonder Woman and Runaways remain on the verge for me, dependent on a new storyline and a new creative team, respectively.

I guess, given that I have something like three or four titles I want to find a space for, this could be worse news, but I'm disappointed that I'm not enjoying all these titles more.

Views: 5746

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've just dropped TEN titles:

• All Star Batman
  • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows (How many Peter Parkers do we need?)
  • America (no connection)
  • Batwoman
  • Black Panther: World of Wakanda (But will keep The Crew for awhile!)
  • Dept. H (I tried to keep up)
  • Elektra (It's still not her to me!)
  • Kingpin (doesn't deserve his own ongoing!)
  • Superwoman (another one I've tried to like)
  • Trinity (a book that exists because they don't want all three in one JLA title?)

On the bright side I think you just saved about 25 dollars.

I've read a few of those -- the Rebirth issue of Batwoman, the first few issues of Superwoman, and the first arc of Trinity -- but I didn't stick with any of them. 

I do plan to pick up All-Star Batman cheaply someday, perhaps during a Comixology sale. 

Philip Portelli said:

I've just dropped TEN titles:

• Black Panther: World of Wakanda (But will keep The Crew for awhile!)

No, you won't; Marvel canceled The Crew with the second issue.

Well, a little while. It's going to run till issue 6.

In a way, I'm not surprised. The first issue of Black Panther: The Crew contained no Black Panther at all. Focusing on Misty Knight after three books starring her failed was an odd choice even as she is great in Captain America: Sam Wilson.

Using Storm for a reality-based series was a bit jarring too.

I didn't chop these -- I LOVE these books -- but a couple books I follow have just ended. Flintstones -- a book I expected to hate, and wound up loving more with every issue -- wrapped up with issue 12. Boy, I'm gonna miss it. And No Mercy seems to have wrapped up for the time being, with March's issue 14 being the last one for a while. There's more story to tell, but it seems like it's not financially viable to continue for now. Hopefully a relaunch will be in the future. 

I loved Flintstones too. Luckily, I have a couple issues left to read, but sadly, it's only a couple of issues.

Also, I recently bought the final (for now) trade of No Mercy off of Amazon.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

I didn't chop these -- I LOVE these books -- but a couple books I follow have just ended. Flintstones -- a book I expected to hate, and wound up loving more with every issue -- wrapped up with issue 12. Boy, I'm gonna miss it. And No Mercy seems to have wrapped up for the time being, with March's issue 14 being the last one for a while. There's more story to tell, but it seems like it's not financially viable to continue for now. Hopefully a relaunch will be in the future. 

Philip, there's one more title on your list that's all, "You can't fire me--I quit!!" Kingpin has been canceled with issue 5, out this week.

Not surprised at all, Rob. I liked the Civil War II: Kingpin mini and he is a featured character of Secret Empire but he shouldn't have his own book!

Plus Marvel has to stop giving every character from its movies and TV shows their own title! It dilutes the main books and can't match the energy of its more physical counterpart.

Heck, Agents of SHIELD got cancelled very quickly, not mention: Mockingbird, Black Widow, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Gamora, Drax and Astonishing Ant-Man (twice!).

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Philip, there's one more title on your list that's all, "You can't fire me--I quit!!" Kingpin has been canceled with issue 5, out this week.

Exactly. About two months ago, I quit buying all Marvel titles with the plan to just subscribe to Marvel Unlimited soon. In the meantime, I just haven't been compelled to do even that. The frequent stops and restarts have created something that I'm just not interested in. I love diving into the Roger Stern Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus, or any of my other big slabs of history that contain a longer history of Marvel than is even allowed to exist anymore. Howard the Duck, Evolutionary War, Age of Apocalypse, Captain America Madbomb... any of these will provide me with plenty of Marvel goodness with longer runs than any current title.

Philip Portelli said:

I liked the Civil War II: Kingpin mini and he is a featured character of Secret Empire but he shouldn't have his own book!

Been chopping for years now. I was buying 80-90 new comics for decades and was getting tired of just buying books because of long runs I had. I started with dropping all Marvel comics around 8 years ago.(Spider-man a little earlier due to OMD.) just didn't enjoy the direction the company was heading.
With Image I am down to just Saga now. Dropped Outcast because it was a very, very slow burn.
And at the end of this month I am dropping Wonder Woman due to decompression and Supergirl due to the horrendous art. This puts me at around 16 D.C. Comics and if it wasn't for double shipping that number would be at 10.
The most exciting thing for me collecting wise is that I'm buying a lot of old Action comics. I know have 347-the newest issue and I am closing in on all the Adventure comics starring Supergirl. Also working on World's Finest issues from 200-225 and various horror comics like witching Hour, Unexpected, and Ghosts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service