Even though issues 1 and 2 didn't overly impress me, I was planning on sticking with Flash: Rebirth out of faith that Geoff Johns would ultimately give me a good story. But issue three today convinced me that...yeah, I'm just not digging this book.

At the same time, Wonder Woman and Runaways remain on the verge for me, dependent on a new storyline and a new creative team, respectively.

I guess, given that I have something like three or four titles I want to find a space for, this could be worse news, but I'm disappointed that I'm not enjoying all these titles more.

Views: 6585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought Lucifer was okay, but I dropped it after 50 issues, While I never thought it was bad, it also wasn't a comic where I couldn't wait to see what happens next. 

I stuck with Lucifer and The Dreaming through the entire original runs and will be getting both new series.

I'm getting Books of Magic. I never followed the original series but I recently bought the collection, which I will be reading first. Has any coverage accused it of copying Harry Potter yet? I'm sure someone will, not knowing the publishing dates. 

Not being a big fan of Voodoo stories, I won't be getting House of Whispers.

I made these decisions before reading the Sandman Universe and it didn't change my mind.

I would imagine that anyone who did think about suing didn't get very far. The dates don't lie.

And honestly, Tim's appearance and the magic aren't the only similarities. Hedwig seems to also have been inspired by Books of Magic as well.

I discovered Books of Magic at about the same time I discovered Nexus. There is so much to be gained by just reading and rereading the series, watching everything build up and play off of what has happened earlier. Neither spells all of the connections out for you, and that's what I loved.

Richard Willis said:

Has any coverage accused it of copying Harry Potter yet? I'm sure someone will, not knowing the publishing dates. 

I wasn't thinking lawsuits, just uninformed crabbing.

Well, there's always plenty of that to go around! Often found these days in the very articles on Newsarama and CBR.

Richard Willis said:

I wasn't thinking lawsuits, just uninformed crabbing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service