Even though issues 1 and 2 didn't overly impress me, I was planning on sticking with Flash: Rebirth out of faith that Geoff Johns would ultimately give me a good story. But issue three today convinced me that...yeah, I'm just not digging this book.

At the same time, Wonder Woman and Runaways remain on the verge for me, dependent on a new storyline and a new creative team, respectively.

I guess, given that I have something like three or four titles I want to find a space for, this could be worse news, but I'm disappointed that I'm not enjoying all these titles more.

Views: 7391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since today's solicitations list a Power Girl trade paperback (on sale April 17) of issues 1-6, issue 7 is the perfect jumping-on point for me. Perfect timing, what with me realizing JLA looks like an unending horrorshow.Less angst, more fun!
Rob Staeger said:
Since today's solicitations list a Power Girl trade paperback (on sale April 17) of issues 1-6, issue 7 is the perfect jumping-on point for me. Perfect timing, what with me realizing JLA looks like an unending horrorshow.Less angst, more fun!

....I can't feel my fingers!!
Daredevil. I love the character, but I'm so bored with the current Hand storyline. Someone bring back the superhero, please?
Jeff of Earth-J said:
Figserello said:
Jeff said: The funny thing about X-Men Forever for me (i.e., funny-odd not funny-haha) is I was able to not read X-Men for 18 years (Morrison's run excepted), and was able to pick up right smack-dab almost exactly where I left off. YMMV...

I wonder are these projects a way to 'mop up' readers just like you, who have an allegiance to certain periods of X-men continuity, but have long been put off by the continuous recycling of ideas, 'bold new directions' and inevitable resets?

The real funny thing is that I'm not particularly a fan of that era, but the "real" x-titles left me behind years ago. I do miss the characters, though, and X-Men Forever is a comforable fit for me.

You're not trying to talk me into this, are you? I'm intrigued ... X-Men Forever sounds like it could be a comfortable fit for me for the exact same reason it is for Jeff -- the "real" x-titles left me behind years ago.
In theory it should be a good fit for a lot of fans of old-time X-men.

The problem is that, ironically for someone who made his name writing about 'the next evolutionary step', Clarremont and his writing style haven't really changed or grown...

It's just like it always was, only moreso...
I'm finally giving Gotham City Sirens the axe. It's been iffy for a long time. The most recent issue did nothing to convince me that I want to keep reading it and was a done-in-one so I'm not leaving in the middle of a story.

Detective Comics is still borderline for me.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop Justice Society of America. I haven't enjoyed since Johns left. I tried to give it a chance but it's just not working for me. However, I have really enjoyed Blackest Night: JSA.
Cavalier said:
I'm finally giving Gotham City Sirens the axe. It's been iffy for a long time. The most recent issue did nothing to convince me that I want to keep reading it and was a done-in-one so I'm not leaving in the middle of a story.

Detective Comics is still borderline for me.

Well, if you don't like the weather in Detective, just wait a couple of months. Rucka will be off the book, except for The Question co-feature, in April.
That's kinda the problem, BMB. I've been enjoying the Question back-up far more then the Batwoman lead feature. I usually like Rucka's writing but Batwoman just isn't "doing it" for me. (And please, no lesbian jokes here.)
I am dropping Captain America. I really thought that Steve Rogers would get the book back. After reading part one of Bucky vs the '50's Cap, I have no desire to read any more. Now the only Marvel titles I am buying are the Stephen King books.
I'm dropping Detective. I don't want to keep spending nearly 4$ a month waiting for it to be more to my liking.
I was filling out my Previews the other night and I decided to cut a few titles.

JSA All-stars - First I can't stand Magog. DC took a strong team (with the exception of Magog), and turned them into one okay team, and one crappy team (the one with Magog, try and keep up). Plus, it has a back-up I just don't care about.

Powers - It used to be one of my favorite comics, and now I just don't care about these characters any more.

Buck Rogers & The Phantom - I like these series, but I don't love them. I may still pick these up from time to time depending on the storyline.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service