This isn't real -- Time hasn't yet announced its Person of the Year -- but it might as well be:

Views: 1293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tyrus Wong, Disney artist.

Still he made to 106, that's pretty good

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/30/tyrus-wong-legendary-disney...

The Time cover in the op includes Lemmy (of Hawkwind and Motorhead) among the 2016 deaths but I'm pretty sure he died in 2015.

Just found out that William Christopher (Father Mulcahy from M*A*S*H) made it in under the wire.

No more jocularity ...

I remember as a kid I read all of the MASH goes to books, they came out with a string of them after MASH goes to Maine, but after MASH goes to Maine they were all ghost written by someone and formulaic.  I was to young to realize that at the time, but the character of Father Mulch ended up as the Arch Bishop of some place in China.  A far cry from the character on the tv.  I liked how he started to really evolve in After MASH.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Just found out that William Christopher (Father Mulcahy from M*A*S*H) made it in under the wire.

Details here: "William Christopher, 'Father Mulcahy' on ‘M*A*S*H.,’ Dies at 84"

"I remember as a kid I read all of the MASH goes to books, they came out with a string of them after MASH goes to Maine, but after MASH goes to Maine they were all ghost written by someone and formulaic."

I still have a complete set of those. I always mean to go back and re-read some of the formulaic ghost-written ones, but I never have. Most recently I've read the "Sound of the Moose" (or "Call of the Moose"...?) chapter (8?) from MASH Goes to Maine as a short story. There's another good one, in addition to MASH and MASH Goes to Maine, MASH Mania, also written by Richard Hooker. It's not as good as the first two, but worth seeking out. The three make a good trilogy.

What about Darwyn Cooke?

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

What about Darwyn Cooke?

You have better memory than I do. From The New York Times: "Darwyn Cooke, Comic Book Artist With a Retro Take, Dies at 53"

Yeah, that one hit me hard.

I saw this on Facebook at I Love to Geek:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service