Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, sometimes a graphic novel, sometimes a collection. Does that happen to you? If so, let’s hear about it here. It can be an item you’ve long anticipated or something you bought on a whim. If it’s something you were really looking forward to but ended up being a big disappointment, let’s hear about that here, too. I’ve been meaning to start this topic for a long time now, but chose today to post about something I’ve been waiting for a long time, long before it was even solicited.

SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION BY STEVE ENGLEHART AND MARSHAL ROGERS

This is a favorite run of mine, but I’ve read it only twice: once as it was released, and I re-read it once after that. It came out as an “ESSENTIAL” a few years ago, but for this I held out for color.

EDIT: Most weeks I make my picks before I have read them, but feel free to choose either the books you anticipate most before you read or enjoy the most after you have read them.

Views: 7523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hands down:

Anew series from AHOY! Comics is always reason to celebrate.

September 14: None.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Either that or (more likely) it's a case of DC's writers and editors being unaware of…"
47 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Star Trek: Discovery
"RUBUCON: Admiral Vance orders Burnham to stop Book and Tarka, BUT he assigns another officer with…"
55 minutes ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"A different sort of Hawkman cover by Joe Kubert from 2009. As I recall, back in the Silver Age…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the original
"I search for misheard lyrics quite a bit on the internet. I needed help to figure out this misheard…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
1 hour ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
2 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion The New Season (2022)
"I gave a try to Quantum Leap, and I'm not totally sold but am willing to give it at least one…"
11 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion How's 'that' situation going now?
"One time I picked up some tests from my local library and each box had a sticker on it with the…"
11 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion How's 'that' situation going now?
"This time last month I had a hospital-administered COVID test prior to my August 30 out-patient…"
13 hours ago
Irma Kruhl replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
15 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
15 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"Jeff of Earth-J said: I keep thinking what if DC stopped publishing the monthly series because they…"
15 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service