Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, sometimes a graphic novel, sometimes a collection. Does that happen to you? If so, let’s hear about it here. It can be an item you’ve long anticipated or something you bought on a whim. If it’s something you were really looking forward to but ended up being a big disappointment, let’s hear about that here, too. I’ve been meaning to start this topic for a long time now, but chose today to post about something I’ve been waiting for a long time, long before it was even solicited.

SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION BY STEVE ENGLEHART AND MARSHAL ROGERS

This is a favorite run of mine, but I’ve read it only twice: once as it was released, and I re-read it once after that. It came out as an “ESSENTIAL” a few years ago, but for this I held out for color.

EDIT: Most weeks I make my picks before I have read them, but feel free to choose either the books you anticipate most before you read or enjoy the most after you have read them.

Views: 7674

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hands down:

Anew series from AHOY! Comics is always reason to celebrate.

September 14: None.

I bought 11 new comics today. I haven't read any of them yet, but I've no doubt my favorite will be...

A new Binge Book from Sitcomics:

After taking down human traffickers, Headhunter rescues an orphaned baby and decides to raise her as his own. Unfortunately, the Heroes Union isn't convinced that a homeless, super-powered vigilante is cut out for fatherhood! It's a family-friendly, triple-sized, self-contained epic from writer Darin Henry and animation legend Steven E. Gordon wrapped inside an instant classic cover by Ron Frenz & Sal Buscema.

Very difficult pick this week.

One forward-looking:

One backward-looking:

And one "new #1":

The "new number one" was a huge disappointment (good story, but it didn't include three of the four title characters). Between the other two, I guess I'll have to go with the "forward-looking" one...

THE NEW GOLDEN AGE.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'm not sure that Neutro can qualify as a "hero" if they don't know right from…"
4 minutes ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
7 minutes ago
MethodEng replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Bender as another movie robot. Image courtesy of GCD"
12 minutes ago
PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"ClarkKent_DC is a gentleman and a scholar! What's the strip after Marmaduke?"
20 minutes ago
"It's Bender's grandfather!"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"LADY COP: WRITER: Robert Kanigher ARTISTS: John Rosenberger and Vince Colletta PEDIGREE: None…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'll start the month with this recent beauty:"
1 hour ago
"I'm reasonably certain that Astro Boy was the first fictional robot that I ever heard about."
2 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"And it's December 1.... So here are Jed and all his kin dealing with a suitably old-timey…"
2 hours ago
Luke Blanchard replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
"I think this was the first Metamorpho story I read. I like the original series, but this issue…"
5 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to The Baron's discussion List of Super-Speedsters
"How about MERCURY the SHAZAM Elder who teamed with the JLA/JSA/Earth-S heroes…"
9 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Oh, very nice! Above and beyond the call of duty, sir!"
11 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service