Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, sometimes a graphic novel, sometimes a collection. Does that happen to you? If so, let’s hear about it here. It can be an item you’ve long anticipated or something you bought on a whim. If it’s something you were really looking forward to but ended up being a big disappointment, let’s hear about that here, too. I’ve been meaning to start this topic for a long time now, but chose today to post about something I’ve been waiting for a long time, long before it was even solicited.

SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION BY STEVE ENGLEHART AND MARSHAL ROGERS

This is a favorite run of mine, but I’ve read it only twice: once as it was released, and I re-read it once after that. It came out as an “ESSENTIAL” a few years ago, but for this I held out for color.

EDIT: Most weeks I make my picks before I have read them, but feel free to choose either the books you anticipate most before you read or enjoy the most after you have read them.

Views: 3273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Today's pick is Batman 16, the opening chapter of "I Am Bane." Not only is it a tense, what-happens-next opener to what looks to be a great Batman story, but it has a scene with Batman and all the Robins (and quasi-Robin, Duke) hanging out in a Batman-themed fast food restaurant. Best food item on the menu: "Killer Croque Monsieur." Dick, Jason, and Damian have such great moments as brothers in this scene.

I'll say it: As popular & accomplished as Scott Snyder is as a Batman writer, Tom King's take on Batman resonates with me much more.

The Unstoppable Wasp #2

This week I am looking forward to The Few #3 from Image. This is a nice, heavy book with art by Hayden Sherman and written by Sean Lewis. It's about a snowy, post-apocalyptic future (yawn, right?), but this is a good one. It's about a man, a young woman, and her baby all struggling to find clean water in a world that is terrified to give up what they have. I really like this book. I'm actually surprised that I haven't switched to the trade quite yet.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service