Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, sometimes a graphic novel, sometimes a collection. Does that happen to you? If so, let’s hear about it here. It can be an item you’ve long anticipated or something you bought on a whim. If it’s something you were really looking forward to but ended up being a big disappointment, let’s hear about that here, too. I’ve been meaning to start this topic for a long time now, but chose today to post about something I’ve been waiting for a long time, long before it was even solicited.

SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION BY STEVE ENGLEHART AND MARSHAL ROGERS

This is a favorite run of mine, but I’ve read it only twice: once as it was released, and I re-read it once after that. It came out as an “ESSENTIAL” a few years ago, but for this I held out for color.

EDIT: Most weeks I make my picks before I have read them, but feel free to choose either the books you anticipate most before you read or enjoy the most after you have read them.

Views: 5254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found The Terrifics mildly entertaining, although I'm still not sold. Looking forward to Lockjaw #1, which I picked up on a whim. (I like dogs. My wife likes dogs. We have two dogs. Oh, look, a comic book starring a dog.) 

I'm catching up on some DC titles, but I'm not sure any of them came out this week. 

Nothing really jumped out at me this week, but I'll go with She-Hulk #163 if for no other reason than that it's nice to see a new She-Hulk comic.

Yes, I's been a while. It's nice to see a new series that gives us our old, fun-loving, energetic Jen back again.

Yes, I am pretending that Hulk never happened.

I bought six new comics yesterday, and before I read them I was going to deem this week "too close to call." After having read them, though, I'm going t go with Strangers in Paradise XXV #2.

Wait, what? They reversed the "raging Jen" storyline? 

Randy Jackson said:

Nothing really jumped out at me this week, but I'll go with She-Hulk #163 if for no other reason than that it's nice to see a new She-Hulk comic.

Yes, I's been a while. It's nice to see a new series that gives us our old, fun-loving, energetic Jen back again.

Yes, I am pretending that Hulk never happened.

Well, not completely reversed, but it's more or less being swept under the rug. She's starting up her own law practice again, she's back to being green and she seems to be reverting back to her old personality.

Captain Comics said:

Wait, what? They reversed the "raging Jen" storyline? 

I guess because they're bringing back the Banner Hulk. Either that, or the company is being run by monkeys.

Randy Jackson said:

Well, not completely reversed, but it's more or less being swept under the rug. She's starting up her own law practice again, she's back to being green and she seems to be reverting back to her old personality.

Captain Comics said:

Wait, what? They reversed the "raging Jen" storyline? 

I don't think it was a bad idea to have a Marvel character dealing with PTSD. I just thought that She-Hulk was the wrong character for that role.

Agreed. We've already got Jessica Jones and Frank Castle for any PTSD story anyone cares to write. She-Hulk is unique, and is the only vehicle available for her kind of story.

It's almost too easy, but would monkeys do a worse job?

Captain Comics said:

I guess because they're bringing back the Banner Hulk. Either that, or the company is being run by monkeys.

I think Hit-Monkey and Detective Chimp could do a respectable job. Gleek and Blip are

probably already working there.

I vote for Chim-Chim.

Out of the books I've read so far, I've got to pick Batman, with part two of "Everybody Loves Ivy." Then again, I haven't read Snagglepuss or The Fix yet. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service