Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, sometimes a graphic novel, sometimes a collection. Does that happen to you? If so, let’s hear about it here. It can be an item you’ve long anticipated or something you bought on a whim. If it’s something you were really looking forward to but ended up being a big disappointment, let’s hear about that here, too. I’ve been meaning to start this topic for a long time now, but chose today to post about something I’ve been waiting for a long time, long before it was even solicited.

SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION BY STEVE ENGLEHART AND MARSHAL ROGERS

This is a favorite run of mine, but I’ve read it only twice: once as it was released, and I re-read it once after that. It came out as an “ESSENTIAL” a few years ago, but for this I held out for color.

EDIT: Most weeks I make my picks before I have read them, but feel free to choose either the books you anticipate most before you read or enjoy the most after you have read them.

Views: 6331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm definitely looking forward to that one, too!

Superman: Year One #1

Let me know what you think! I passed on it today, but I'm definitely curious. And I love the big Black Label tabloid format. I'm hoping the new Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn books are that size.

I will be buying this one when it comes out in hardcover. I have plenty to read in the meantime, but I'm looking forward to it.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Superman: Year One #1

Mine has to be Clue Candlestick #2. I loved the first issue so much.

I knew Superman: Year One was due out yesterday, but the "tabloid" format surprised me. I read it last night and hope to post sometnhing about it on "What Comics Have You Read Today" later this morning.

Second Coming #1.

Event Leviathan #2

I'm really enjoying this so far.  This a perfect Bendis-sytle comic with noirish atmosphere, street level heroes and a vast secret conspiracy.  The star of this issue is without a doubt The Question, who seems tailor made for Bendis.  Also, the scene with Plastic Man and Leviathan is just perfectly written.

In this issue Leviathan lets on that he is aware of Plastic Man's history across various continuities.  Who is this guy (or girl)???

Oh, that's an interesting point -- and I'm going to reply to it in the Superman/Event Leviathan thread. (I hope you don't mind me copying your post to there! Since it's a mystery, I think it's good to keep our clue-seeking and analysis centralized!)

Of course. No problem!

JIMMY OLSEN #1

HISTORY OF MARVEL UNIVERSE #1

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service