Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, sometimes a graphic novel, sometimes a collection. Does that happen to you? If so, let’s hear about it here. It can be an item you’ve long anticipated or something you bought on a whim. If it’s something you were really looking forward to but ended up being a big disappointment, let’s hear about that here, too. I’ve been meaning to start this topic for a long time now, but chose today to post about something I’ve been waiting for a long time, long before it was even solicited.

SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION BY STEVE ENGLEHART AND MARSHAL ROGERS

This is a favorite run of mine, but I’ve read it only twice: once as it was released, and I re-read it once after that. It came out as an “ESSENTIAL” a few years ago, but for this I held out for color.

EDIT: Most weeks I make my picks before I have read them, but feel free to choose either the books you anticipate most before you read or enjoy the most after you have read them.

Views: 7517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hands down:

Anew series from AHOY! Comics is always reason to celebrate.

September 14: None.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
28 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion The Ninth Doctor Adventures
"Today is Tracy's birthday so we started listening to the fourth set of her favorite…"
56 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion The New Season (2022)
"It seems that three shows we watch are returning this coming Thursday: Young Sheldon (season…"
1 hour ago
Tracy of Moon-T replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"Today is Tracy's birthday and she wanted to go antiquing (for the first time since pre-COVID…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
1 hour ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"These Kubert covers are really amazing. I always knew that…"
1 hour ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Saw this comic advertised in a DC house ad back in one of my earliest comic book purchases. Found…"
3 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I don't have this one but now I want it! Kubert's take on El Diablo!"
4 hours ago
The Baron posted discussions
4 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion JUDGMENT DAY PASSES (SPOILERS!)
"I dunno.  Probably they got bored and decided to ome back and do it again."
6 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion The New Season (2022)
"Waiting for the return of Grey's Anatomy and The Flash, but those are due back later in…"
6 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service