For your information: Pittsburgh Comicon info I just reserved my hotel room for myself, my wife and I. We'll be splitting our time between the Comicon and the Pittsburgh Irish Festival, where we hope to see a few games of hurling and enjoy some Irish-ness. We'll be attending the Comicon on Sept. 12 and/or Sept. 13. Luckily, I'm not particularly fascinated by panels and stuff, so I can go any time.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pat and I are going, but we're probably only going to be there Saturday.
  • Rich Lane said:
    Pat and I are going, but we're probably only going to be there Saturday.

Wish I could go - it'd be fun to have the old band back together.
  • How did it go for everyone? I went on Saturday and had a blast. I showed up early in the afternoon to get a signature from Stan Lee, and luckily the number on my preordered ticket was low enough to get me through in the first five minutes. I thought he looked great. I also found everyone in line to be very friendly. The two guys in front of me both brought AF #15 to be autographed, which was exciting. I met another fellow who had Stan sign Uncanny X-Men 96; apparently Stan had autographed one for him right after it had come out, he'd lost it shortly after, and he'd been accumulating copies of that book ever since, just hoping that he could replace it.

The rest of the major art/writer guests I spoke with were very friendly. Adam Hughes and Scott McDaniel each took time out to autograph one of my books (Classic X-Men 71 and Spec. S-M Annual 9, respectively), even though you could tell that they were starting to get swamped between commissions and events. I also spoke for a minute or two with Greg Horn and Pat Olliffe, and got some art from each of them (prints from Horn, and an original piece from Ms. Marvel from Olliffe). The highlight was probably Gary Friedrich. He told me and another fellow about his idea for Ghost Rider for a few minutes, then he autographed my (sadly, quite beat-up) copy of GR's first appearance.

After meeting some of the bigger artists I spent the rest of my time meeting people at the indy booths. The guy who does Evil, Inc. was great - he told me about his webcomic's process and did a quick character sketch inside a trade that I picked up. Again, everyone was quite friendly. I haven't made my way through all of the third-party books that I picked up, so I don't know if there's anything exceptional in them.

I only bought one back issue, a $5 copy of Avengers 46. I figured that with the relatively easy availability of back issues on the Internet and at my LCS, my time was better spent meeting the talent than rooting through boxes. The only complaint that I heard all day was that because the floor of the new main hall wasn't carpeted it was tough on the dealers and some people who had to wait in line for a while, but I did not think that was too bad. I did think it was unfortunate that some people were outside the main hall. And I've seen enough zombie art to last me for a while.
This reply was deleted.