Replies

• I banned Jen earlier this morning, after getting the "invite". Do you have anything else on Leo other than when he joined, because I haven't gotten any suspicious invites from him.
  • These guys.
  • I received "Jen's" request as well. The "make millions" made me suspect spammer activity. This confirms it. Thanks to Ana for her alertness and action in this matter.
  • No evidence on Leo. Just pointing out that he joined around the same time.
  • alright. We will keep and eye out...but not going to ban him unless someone reports something.

Lumbering Jack said:
    No evidence on Leo. Just pointing out that he joined around the same time.
  • I had a hunch.

Like most of you, I was suspicious of the come-on attached to "Jen Thomas'" invitation to friendship. Like Jack and Dr. rock, it just didn't feel right. I found her invitation in the wee hours, so I decided to hold off on accepting until I saw if anyone took action later in the day. And Ana most certainly did---and the appropriate one, too. Much obliged, ma'am.
  • Brand new board, same old problems.
  • And here I thought I was special. Harump!
    And to think I was going to share my Nigerian prince's bank account information with her!
  • I also received a spam message from "Jen Thomas". It is my understanding that many of the spammers have automated "spider" programs which join social forums likes this one, download the membership list and then start spamming. That is why the various "copy these characters" programs have become so ubiquitous.
  • Or at least spin a new web.

Alexandra Kitty said:
    These spider programs ought to get a life...(too tired to get the old dancing banana to punctuate my remark)
This reply was deleted.