I was watching the Savage/Warrior "retirement" match on disk last night, and it came to the ending where Elizabeth threw Sherri out of the ring, and the thought came to me, "Both of these women are dead now, it's depressing."

Views: 1493

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dang! I was never a big fan of Dusty, but I recognize his importance to the business.

Aw, no.  What a shame, only 69.

Dusty Rhodes was the top face in the Southern States for over twenty years. He had a natural charisma and the gift of gab. The people loved him and, more importantly, believed in the American Dream.

Could he be a star today? Not sure but he is a legend today!

If you will!

Hogan will be back in a year or two.

RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper.  Story.

At 61. And Dusty Rhodes at 69. What do wrestlers do to themselves?

Roddy Piper and Hulk Hogan made the WWF/WWE what they are today.

Not sure if the WWE can truly showcase Hot Rod's legacy without featuring Hogan.

The Wrestling Classic, "The War to Settle the Score", WrestleMania I and Hulk Hogan's Rock N' Wrestling cartoon.

Of course, he was one of wrestling's greatest heels yet he hadn't been one since 1987!

He had a degree in psychology and loved seeing if he could turn fans for then against then for him again and again, no matter how many times he'd burned bridges behind him. Always succeeded.

Motto: "Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"

We of course need the Jimmy Snuka coconut scene that really started his fame.

"Sooner or later, everyone pays the Piper!"

The amazing thing is that his feuds with Snuka, Bruno Sammartino, the Hillbillies, Adrian Adonis, Goldust and Bad News Brown were fraught with racism, homophobia and intolerance! And he was the face in the latter three!

But he got better!

61 is too young.
Ricky Steamboat is 62, he was just here in Nova Scotia with a local indy company tour.  I got to meet him and shake his hand, and tell him how much I appreciated being a fan of his.  I wish I had gotten the same opportunity to meet the Hot Rod.

Rest in peace, Roddy.

Much too young. Like Davy Jones at 66. Andre the Giant was only 46.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service