When a thread gets long enough will it eventually start a new page, or will we have to scroll down for half an hour to get to the new replies? Or is that something that can be set up from the users end or from the moderators end?

Thanks,

Views: 1103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been getting the spinning circle when I post for several days now.

It's been happening consistently with me for at least a few days. The hours-long maintenance yesterday didn't change it. I find that if I open a new tab showing the home page it shows that it took my update, and I can access it there even while the original page still has the spinning thing. It's a little annoying but there are worse things.

The wait seems to average around forty seconds for me.

The "spinning circle" wait isn't quite as annoying to me as the fact that, when one creates the "Add a Discussion" page, the Preview button at the bottom no longer works. (Instead, it creates another "Add a Discussion" page.)

I did most of the editing on my Deck Log Entries by pulling up what the article would look like with the Preview button.  Now, I have to post the article, then edit it.  Not that I didn't hone and tweak posted articles before, but I was able to get out most of the really noticeable bugs during the Preview edit.

I know not being able to preview articles isn't a major concern for the rest of you folks, but it's annoying to me.

I hadn't noticed the Preview button was broken: it worked when I posted my Southern Cross review on Sunday (it is a feature I use regularly). Did it just break? I have also noticed the lag when posting anything.

Commander Benson said:

The "spinning circle" wait isn't quite as annoying to me as the fact that, when one creates the "Add a Discussion" page, the Preview button at the bottom no longer works. (Instead, it creates another "Add a Discussion" page.)

I did most of the editing on my Deck Log Entries by pulling up what the article would look like with the Preview button.  Now, I have to post the article, then edit it.  Not that I didn't hone and tweak posted articles before, but I was able to get out most of the really noticeable bugs during the Preview edit.

I know not being able to preview articles isn't a major concern for the rest of you folks, but it's annoying to me.

Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod) said:

I hadn't noticed the Preview button was broken: it worked when I posted my Southern Cross review on Sunday (it is a feature I use regularly). Did it just break? I have also noticed the lag when posting anything.

That implies worse news.  I discovered the preview button wasn't working for me when I tried to edit the second entry in my Saturday-morning-television series.  That was, what, oh, maybe six weeks ago.  And the problem has persisted.

Based upon what you said, that the button worked for you last Sunday, I pulled up an "Add a Discussion" page, typed in some text, and tested the preview button.  Still no good.  All it does is create another "Add a Discussion" page.

What concerns me is, if it works for you, but not for me, that suggests that the problem isn't with the site; it might be in my computer, somewhere.  If so, it's beyond my ability to rectify.

I added the Inhumans on TV thread two days ago and the preview button worked fine.

There don't seem to be any settings on our forum that would affect this. Did you change any of your security software in the last six months?

Richard Willis said:

I added the Inhumans on TV thread two days ago and the preview button worked fine.

There don't seem to be any settings on our forum that would affect this. Did you change any of your security software in the last six months?

Not to my knowledge. And on other sites in which I contribute lengthy posts, the preview buttons work just fine.  This is one of those things that, to my limited knowledge, "just happens".  I can work around it here, but I found the Preview button really helpful for getting the art to my articles sized and placed just right.

Have you tried another browser Commander?

Randy Jackson said:

Have you tried another browser, Commander?

Not until you suggested it. I tried it through a different browser and that did the trick. The preview button works fine there.  

Thank you for the good advice, sir.

Is anyone experiencing unusually long loading times when they submit a reply? I've been having issues with that the last couple of days.

We were talking about this above. Our experience is the post loads quickly, but it doesn't show on one's own computer as having loaded right away. You can check this by opening the thread in another tab (or just checking the homepage, since it says so and so many seconds since the last post).

It seems to be a regular c.40 sec. delay. Presumably it's a setting. Maybe the board uses the time for a malware or spam check. It doesn't happen with post alterations.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service