R.I.P. Batton Lash, 1954-2019

Batton Lash, of Supernatural Law, previously known as Wolff & Byrd, Counselors of the Macabre, died Saturday, after a bout with brain cancer.

From Bleeding Cool: "Batton Lash, Creator of Supernatural Law, Dies"

From Mark Evanier's News from ME blog: "Batton Lash, R.I.P."

I loved that strip. It had the exact right blend of quirky humor and real legal knowledge to make it work.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ...Did he write that " The Law Is An Ass? " column at CBG? BTW, speaking of Krause old-timers, where did Peter David comment about the Aausman movie? (Yes, maybe you didn't quote that - I'm windong down to going g sleepy-pye.) And, BTW - now I have the entire top six posts here!!!!! A full mini-series!:-)

• "The Law Is An Ass" column is by Robert Ingersoll. He's revived it at the ComicMix site, here.

Like Ingersoll, Batton Lash was also a lawyer, and Wolff & Byrd, Counselors of the Macabre ran for 15 years in The National Law Journal.

• A sad loss. Loved Wolff & Bird.

• Peter David reviewed the Aquaman movie (with major spoilers) in his December 18 post here.

• I met him once, at a Small Press Expo in Bethesda, MD. I'd enjoyed his Wolff & Byrd comics, and had a chance to tell him so (and buy a couple from him). He was a charming guy, as as his obituaries note, dressed better than pretty much everyone else in the room. I'm sorry to hear that he's gone -- the comics communities big outpouring of love for him is an indication of how much he'll be missed.

This reply was deleted.