R.I.P. Bill Daily, of "I Dream of Jeannie," "The Bob Newhart Show"

One of the best of TV's second bananas, Bill Daily, passed on Sept. 4.

From TV Line: "I Dream of Jeannie Star Bill Daily Dead at 91; Barbara Eden Pays Tribute"

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm. So, too much weight was being given to factors that, while desirable, didn't really have a bearing on the actual job. I can accept the notion that combat pilots have an array of skills that make them better than most other pilots. I can't accept the notion that that means other pilots, by definition, are always lesser than combat pilots.

Richard Willis said:

I haven't read the book, but the movie adaptation of The Right Stuff (which should be required viewing!) had the astronauts campaigning to have a viewing window in the early capsules. Supposedly they were just going to be inside this tin can and not be able to see anything.

So, they seriously wanted to have people spend 72 hours going to the moon and back without a window in the space capsule? It seems to me that would call for people with some experience traveling in confined spaces for long durations without being able to see outside, like sailors from a submarine crew. But of course, guys like that would not be under consideration for space flight because they aren't combat pilots. Sheesh. 

I am remiss in not linking to our past discussion on I Dream of Jeanne here, in the venerable "Military Sitcoms" thread.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service