Didn't the Legion of Super-Heroes fight something called the Red Circle?

RE The Web One-Shot: Meh.

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just curious: Is The Inferno gay, as Scipio had hoped?
Maybe, but he's an amnesiac, so if even if he is, he probably doesn't even know.

Rob Staeger said:
Just curious: Is The Inferno gay, as Scipio had hoped?
Well I have read the Hangman and Inferno issues, and pretty average fare as far as I am concerned,
The Shield came out today (8/26). I haven't read any of them, but I will next month, and comment then. Reading this thread doesn't have me too jazzed about it, though!
Captain Comics said:
The Shield came out today (8/26).

So, he's gay?

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

OK. so I've read all four, now. They're alright, but nothing Earth-shattering. For me, the Shield was the most interesting, and Inferno the least interesting
I set up a couple of threads a few months ago on the old board in anticipation of DC’s relaunch of the “Red Circle” heroes, but when the titles actually shipped I decided I wasn’t interested in reading them after all. But The Shield is for all intents and purposes that line’s flagship character, and the issue that shipped this week said “one-shot” so I decided to give just that one a look.

It’s written by J. Michael Straczynski and… hey, waitaminute! Isn’t that the guy who left The Twelve unfinished because of other commitments? If he’s got time to do comics again, I wanna see the conclusion of The Twelve! Oh, well, it’s only a one-shot. The art is by Scott McDaniel who started his career as a Frank Miller clone. Now that he’s moved into his own style, though, I find his art to be much less interesting.

The story is set against the backdrop of the war in Afghanistan and the Sheild’s origin is a kind of amalgam of Captain America, Iron Man and the Six Million Dollar Man’s; instead of volunteering for a “super-soldier” type program, he’s mortally wounded and experimented on to save his life. Where the Shield’s origin diverges from Captain America’s, though, is (at this point, anyway), he remains a super soldier and not a super hero. This comic doesn’t read like a one-shot, but I doubt I’ll be buying any more in any case.
Jeff of Earth-J said:
It’s written by J. Michael Straczynski and… hey, waitaminute! Isn’t that the guy who left The Twelve unfinished because of other commitments? If he’s got time to do comics again, I wanna see the conclusion of The Twelve! Oh, well, it’s only a one-shot.

Oh! I forgot to mention the ad for The Brave and the Bold in this issue which touts: "Comics superstar J. Michael Straczynski takes over DC's greatest team-up title... beginning with #27."

Personal note to JMS: If you've got time to do comics, finish The Twelve!
(reposted from the other board)

JMS is... unhappy... with Marvel right now. They made their NEXT BIG THING all about Asgard, without consulting him, and he has quit Thor as a result. He has one more issue left and then he's gone. I doubt he'll be doing any more work for them anytime soon.

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

I would hope that he's under contract to finish The Twelve.
JMS eventually came back and finished Rising Stars for Top Cow.
I didn't know about JMS's disagreement with Marvel. Whereas I certainly see his point, I sure would like to read the conclusion of The Twelve.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Running late, again, but anyway... There will be at least as many collections and remembrance…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Oops! He usually drew Kyle Raynor well but I've only seen Hal Jordan looking right once.…"
3 hours ago
Randy Jackson replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Ketchup/Catsup - Refrigerated or not
"Philistine! :P"
7 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Ketchup/Catsup - Refrigerated or not
"If you want to live dangerously, and introduce the risk of growing bacteria and mold In that…"
7 hours ago
The Baron replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Ketchup/Catsup - Refrigerated or not
"Stored in a cabinet until you open it.  Once it's open, in the fridge."
7 hours ago
Randy Jackson posted discussions
8 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"That's Kyle Raynor, not Hal Jordan."
8 hours ago
Randy Jackson replied to Randy Jackson's discussion How do the Wakandans mine Vibranium?
"Thanks. I guess that answers my question. "
8 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another wrap-around. I don't like his Hal Jordan."
8 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Took down my previous post when I realized it was a dupe. Realized no posted this one yet."
8 hours ago
Captain Comics posted a discussion

Dark Horse Comics in September 2022

MIGNOLAVERSESOn sale Nov 16…See More
10 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Supergirl through the years!  (btw & IMO only, I don't think that Dick Giordano was a…"
11 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service