While visiting another comics related web site I read a comment regarding the Riddler's return to the pages of Batman in 1965 after an absence of 17 years.  I do not have the story available to me at this point but I seem to recall there was an in story reference and explanation for Edward Nigma's long absence - jail perhaps?. In the context of the story the Riddler and Batman of 1965 were the same Riddler and Batman of 1948 but how could that be since the 1948 story would have taken place on Earth Two, the 1965 tale on Earth One. Was there ever an explanation or was it simply ignored?  Or am I totally confused?

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

{Captain America} Language! {/Captain America}

Richard Willis said:

Philip Portelli said:

I just noted on Facebook that DEADSHOT first appeared in Batman #59 in 1950 and didn't reappear (and completely redesigned) until the Englehart/Marshall era in Detective Comics during the mid-70s. He said that he was in jail all that time but they never said it was twenty-five years.

What was he going to say? "Damn you, Batman, you sent me to jail for 25 years!"

[Iron Man] Is nobody going to comment on Dr. Hmmm? saying "Language"? [/Iron Man]

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service