RIP Clu Gulager

Story  Another one of those guys who was never really a headliner, but was always in something.  I particularly remember him as the medical supply warehouse owner in Return of the Living Dead.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I immediately recognized him as Abilene from The Last Picture Show

• My parents and I watched him in The Tall Man (1960-62, two seasons, 75(!) episodes). He played Billy the Kid to Barry Sullivan's Pat Garrett (the tall man in the title). I just learned that Congress pressured for the cancellation of The Tall Man because Billy (the cop killer) was portrayed as too much of a hero.

He was in several movies that I enjoyed over the years. I would say he was basically a character actor.

The photos of Clu as Billy have him right-handed. This was actually correct. Paul Newman's movie The Left Handed Gun (1958) was named for the well-known photo of the outlaw showing him standing with a pistol and a rifle. The picture had his pistol holstered to imply he was left-handed. In recent years, studying detail on the rifle, experts confirmed that the image was reversed like many pictures today. He was right-handed. 

This reply was deleted.