Story  Another one of those guys who was never really a headliner, but was always in something.  I particularly remember him as the medical supply warehouse owner in Return of the Living Dead.

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I immediately recognized him as Abilene from The Last Picture Show

My parents and I watched him in The Tall Man (1960-62, two seasons, 75(!) episodes). He played Billy the Kid to Barry Sullivan's Pat Garrett (the tall man in the title). I just learned that Congress pressured for the cancellation of The Tall Man because Billy (the cop killer) was portrayed as too much of a hero.

He was in several movies that I enjoyed over the years. I would say he was basically a character actor.

The photos of Clu as Billy have him right-handed. This was actually correct. Paul Newman's movie The Left Handed Gun (1958) was named for the well-known photo of the outlaw showing him standing with a pistol and a rifle. The picture had his pistol holstered to imply he was left-handed. In recent years, studying detail on the rifle, experts confirmed that the image was reversed like many pictures today. He was right-handed. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 942 Super-Heroines
"Added Jonni Thunder."
2 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 941 Super-Heroines
"Ooh, I forgot all about her!"
2 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
"LOL.  I think I missed that episode."
2 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 941 Super-Heroines
"There's Jonni Thunder, star of the four-issue minseries Jonni Thunder a.k.a.…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
"CHILDREN OF THE COMET: This is largely an "Uhura" episode. She is invited to the…"
2 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Yesterday I showcased Showcase, today I've picked DC's other Silver Age tryout…"
2 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 941 Super-Heroines
"Added: Avalon Beelzebella The Black Cat (Kim Stone) Connie…"
2 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 916 Super-Heroines
"More good suggestions.  Ms. Mystic was the only one that was already on the list."
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion She-Hulk
"Thanks, Luke. I was hoping you would respond. I saw your first post to this thread (now deleted) in…"
4 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Without meaning to sound snarky I guess it boils down to what you mean by “made it.”…"
4 hours ago
"Good suggestion."
4 hours ago
"Good suggestions.  I always thought of Lady Shiva as more of a villain, though."
4 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service