Story  

With all due respect to the others, he was always my favorite of the Monkees.

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Antenna TV had the Monkees' broadcast rights when Davy Jones passed away and they showed every episode over that next weekend from first to last, including the lone movie Head.

No one (to my knowledge) had the series when Peter Tork passed but Mike only rated 2 hours via 4 episodes?

And can you imagine the emotions that will grip the (music) world when we're down to either Paul or Ringo?

Cap, could you tell us what "Friend of George" means?

Captain Comics said:

Loved The Monkees as a kid, because it's what every kid wants: Your best friends in a clubhouse and all you do is play all day. I had already seen A Hard Day's Night before the show, so I knew it was derivative (a word I did not yet know), but both of them made me want to believe that adulthood could be like that (if you had enough talent, maybe, or money. And three good friends.) I knew better, but I wanted to believe.

Nesmith was a talented musician (as was Tork, I believe), but he also made a mark as a FOG (Friend of George) and producer. There's very little he was involved in that I didn't enjoy.

Also, he always wore a specific hat on the show, like Jughead, who was my favorite of The Archies!

Indeed, sad news about Mike Nesmith's passing. His post-Monkees work is intreesting, and not just the First (and Second) National Band , but his solo work on his own label. His Infinite Rider On The Big Dogma album from the late 70s is well worth checking out.

Does the George in "Friend of George" refer to a dollar bill?  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Adams also helped Atlas Comics get its start. "
19 minutes ago
Doctor Hmmm? replied to Captain Comics's discussion 'Batwheels' premieres this fall
"I have to say, "Legion of Zoom" makes me smile."
1 hour ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
1 hour ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The first Robin of spring, just hanging around...."
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Nor these:"
11 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
""He also says he’s been there before, hinting that he was reincarnated." Alec does…"
11 hours ago
""Who was later known as Louise 'Weezie' Simonson." Artists frequently use…"
11 hours ago
""I suspect that management demanded that the Monitor and Harbinger be shoehorned into every…"
12 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Not these guys?"
12 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ANNUAL #2: Swamp Thing uses his newly discovered abilities to go "Down Amongst the Dead…"
12 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"This was also my introduction to the classic story (excluding some exposure to the Hanna-Barbera…"
12 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service